VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, I was told by gunslinger that he uses Sound Forge or Sony Vegas when he encodes his audio from various video files. I used Canopus Procoder to extract the video from an .avi file to get it into an mpv elementary stream file to input into DVD-Lab Pro.

I then installed Sony Vegas, loaded the .avi file, however I don't know what to do next in order to extract and convert the audio to ac3 192kbps 48000 in order to have it set up to input into dvd-lab pro to author my DVD. Can anyone help me out?

Also, is there any other good tools that can do this, which also has the option of boosting the volume (normalizing???) when necessary? I heard ffmpeg is good for 2.0 files, however when converting say mp2 or mp3 audio to ac3 with this program, I read that it dramatically reduces the volume.

Thanks a lot guys!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey mats thanks the the info. I noticed that ffmpeggui does not allow you to raise volume levels. More importantly, on the videohelp product page for this software, a user reviewed it saying that it dramatically reduces the volume on conversions from mp2/mp3 to AC3. Is this true?

Finally, will this work with MPG files too?
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Heineken
    a user reviewed it saying that it dramatically reduces the volume on conversions from mp2/mp3 to AC3. Is this true?
    Bollocks. Just someone who has their AC3 filter set up wrong. What comes in goes out, just using a different codec.

The left is the mp3 waveform. The right is the mp3 reencoded as AC3. Approximately the same spot in the waveform. Sure there are differences, but not any "dramatically" reduced volume...

/Mats
    Quote Quote