VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I am trying to make a Blu-ray disc with a number of .mp4 files that have Dolby Vision (profile 5), but tsMuxeR gives me an error message saying that the format is not supported when I try to open them. Any idea why and how I can fix it?

These are professionally authered files by Diversified Video Solutions which are meant to be used for TV calibration of Dolby Vision with a colorimeter. The demo files can be found here: https://diversifiedvideosolutions.com/UHD_Project/Dolby_Vision_Test_Pattern_Demo.zip
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You will have to re-encode the files if you want tsmuxer to open them.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Any instructions how to do that? And why? I thought .mp4 and Dolby Vision were supported formats.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Re-encode with vidcoder,mp4 is accepted by tsmuxer as long as it doesn't have newer advancements to when tsmuxer was created.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Eventhough both Dolby Vision sources and mp4 files can be accepted by tsMuxer, doesn't mean all of them are suited for UHD-BD muxing.
    Actually, now being in the learning process regarding Dolby Vision, I dare say mp4 with Dolby Vision are often a special treat and not compliant or backwards compatible to UHD-BD. Should you be interested, there's a lot of talk about Dolby Vision at a.o. the forums at makemkv.

About your mp4 demo links, MediaInfo states color range being "full", which I honestly would not know to be UHD-BD compliant.
    AAC audio is not supported in UHD-BD for sure.

Nevertheless, you can give latest nightly build of tsMuxer a try. Maybe it'll do the trick for you and will remux into BD.
    Where I would be quite suspicious to loss of significant meta-data, TBH (if not already introduced during mp4 mux).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by spennis View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to make a Blu-ray disc with a number of .mp4 files that have Dolby Vision (profile 5)
    @spennis any success with converting work?
    Quote Quote