VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, Goop, but I rather not.

I believe that the UHD CREATOR download is fully functional, and simply stops working if not paid for.

Why not simply use the converter that is part of U C.

Eugene
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Eugene157 View Post
    DVDFAB UHD CREATOR

Very slowly but surely. :4 days ago - New! DVDFab x64 10.0.8.3 Beta is out (February 23, 2018)

Eugene
    Very, VERY slowly. I had 4 2160p MKV files, each file around 8Gb, and it took 2 DAYS for DVDFab UHD Creator to produce a file that could be burned to a 50Gb blank. I let the process play out because I wanted to see if this was a useful tool. In addition to the time it took, it gave no option for even a basic menu. I had a couple of questions and have had no response from DVDFab in 72 hours. I signed up for their User Forum as soon as I purchased the app, but have yet to receive a notice saying I'm "approved". As far as I'm concerned, this was a waste of $60. The MKV files burn easily with IMG and play beautifully via my Oppo 203 (as data files). I'll be contacting DVDFab on Monday and ask for a refund.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It was pointed out on this tread that there is no menu and that a 10bit GPU is needed for faster rendering.

Eugene
    Quote Quote  
  4. The lack of Menu was mentioned in this thread, but since it was shown as an option in the Demo, I (incorrectly) assumed that the latest build activated that option. As far as the time it took to render the four 4K mkv files to fit onto a 50Gb blank, my computer should be able to handle it. It's a Core i7 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, with 32 GB of RAM, a 64-bit Win 10 Pro OS, using an nVidia Quadro K2200 graphics card set at 10-bits. I've rendered out many 4K projects on this computer (from Adobe Premiere & Adobe After Effects) in a fraction of the time. Also, as noted in my previous post, I sent an e-mail to tech support at DVDFab and have yet to receive a response. Also no response to my request to join their Users Forum, and no response to the an e-mail I sent to them yesterday requesting a refund. The lack of response to requests for assistance tells me that this company is selling fish-oil, and they know it. I'll simply remove the app from my system and dispute the charge with my credit card company. This post is intended as a warning to anyone considering purchasing DVDFab UHD Creator. Don't waste your time and money.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HumGuy1 View Post
    The lack of Menu was mentioned in this thread, but since it was shown as an option in the Demo, I (incorrectly) assumed that the latest build activated that option. As far as the time it took to render the four 4K mkv files to fit onto a 50Gb blank, my computer should be able to handle it. It's a Core i7 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, with 32 GB of RAM, a 64-bit Win 10 Pro OS, using an nVidia Quadro K2200 graphics card set at 10-bits. I've rendered out many 4K projects on this computer (from Adobe Premiere & Adobe After Effects) in a fraction of the time. Also, as noted in my previous post, I sent an e-mail to tech support at DVDFab and have yet to receive a response. Also no response to my request to join their Users Forum, and no response to the an e-mail I sent to them yesterday requesting a refund. The lack of response to requests for assistance tells me that this company is selling fish-oil, and they know it. I'll simply remove the app from my system and dispute the charge with my credit card company. This post is intended as a warning to anyone considering purchasing DVDFab UHD Creator. Don't waste your time and money.
    here's the minimum system requirements to run the dvdfab UHD Creator tool - https://www.dvdfab.cn/uhd-creator.htm#tech_specs
    start dvdfab - in the upper right hand corner click the arrow - click common settings - AV codec - see what you have for encoding and
    decoding and if you have Lighting-shrink and Lighting-Recording selected.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The lack of Menu was mentioned in this thread, but since it was shown as an option in the Demo, I (incorrectly) assumed that the latest build activated that option. As far as the time it took to render the four 4K mkv files to fit onto a 50Gb blank, my computer should be able to handle it. It's a Core i7 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, with 32 GB of RAM, a 64-bit Win 10 Pro OS, using an nVidia Quadro K2200 graphics card set at 10-bits. I've rendered out many 4K projects on this computer (from Adobe Premiere & Adobe After Effects) in a fraction of the time. Also, as noted in my previous post, I sent an e-mail to tech support at DVDFab and have yet to receive a response. Also no response to my request to join their Users Forum, and no response to the an e-mail I sent to them yesterday requesting a refund. The lack of response to requests for assistance tells me that this company is selling fish-oil, and they know it. I'll simply remove the app from my system and dispute the charge with my credit card company. This post is intended as a warning to anyone considering purchasing DVDFab UHD Creator. Don't waste your time and money.
    As you know, HEVC is required for UHD Blu-ray, and according to DVDFab's website UHD Blu-ray Creator uses hardware acceleration for speedy HEVC encoding. (The website mentions CUDA and Intel Quick Sync, although not NVENC for some reason.) UHD Blu-ray Creator's software-based HEVC encoding it is much, much slower, and in your case, that appears to be what UHD Blu-ray Creator did.

A Intel Kaby Lake or Coffee Lake iGPU, or a Nvidia Pascal (with the exception of the GT 1030), Volta, or Turing GPU can provide the required hardware accelerated HEVC encoding, but earlier Intel iGPUs and Nvideo GPUs lack that feature. Based on its age, I don't think that the nVidia Quadro K2200 itself can provide hardware accelerated HEVC decoding or encoding, and it seems like your i7 is also of the wrong generation.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    As you know, HEVC is required for UHD Blu-ray, and according to DVDFab's website UHD Blu-ray Creator uses hardware acceleration for speedy HEVC encoding. (The website mentions CUDA and Intel Quick Sync, although not NVENC for some reason.) UHD Blu-ray Creator's software-based HEVC encoding it is much, much slower, and in your case, that appears to be what UHD Blu-ray Creator did.

A Intel Kaby Lake or Coffee Lake iGPU, or a Nvidia Pascal (with the exception of the GT 1030), Volta, or Turing GPU can provide the required hardware accelerated HEVC encoding, but earlier Intel iGPUs and Nvideo GPUs lack that feature. Based on its age, I don't think that the nVidia Quadro K2200 itself can provide hardware accelerated HEVC decoding or encoding, and it seems like your i7 is also of the wrong generation.
    Thanks. I appreciate the information (though still not pleased that the manufacturer has returned none of my e-mails).
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Hello, my friends )
    I wonder about UHD Authoring too. I have Sony A6300 camera and today I tried DVDFab Creator 11. It was very slowly, because it converted MP4 (XAVC-S) video to M2TS (HEVC) I understand, that it is necessary. But I do not see any alternatives for home users, who need to create home video and see it on UHD-BD-Player. I saw, that bitrate of video decrease from 100mbit/sec to variable approx 40-46 mbit/sec why? I know, that maximum bitrate for BDMV - 40mbit, but UHD should support original bitrate approx 100 mbit...

As I read on this forum we can use only 3 programs:
    - DVDFab UHD Creator (cheap but without menu)
    - DVDLogic BD Author (costs too expansive many thousand of $$$)
    - HD Blu-ray Authoring Software (costs too expansive many thousand of $$$)

any other suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by follet View Post
    Hello, my friends )
    I wonder about UHD Authoring too. I have Sony A6300 camera and today I tried DVDFab Creator 11. It was very slowly, because it converted MP4 (XAVC-S) video to M2TS (HEVC) I understand, that it is necessary. But I do not see any alternatives for home users, who need to create home video and see it on UHD-BD-Player. I saw, that bitrate of video decrease from 100mbit/sec to variable approx 40-46 mbit/sec why? I know, that maximum bitrate for BDMV - 40mbit, but UHD should support original bitrate approx 100 mbit...

As I read on this forum we can use only 3 programs:
    - DVDFab UHD Creator (cheap but without menu)
    - DVDLogic BD Author (costs too expansive many thousand of $$$)
    - HD Blu-ray Authoring Software (costs too expansive many thousand of $$$)

any other suggestions?
    No. TSM2UHD and DVDFab UHD Creator are still the only UHD BD psueudo-authoring options intended for consumers. (Neither solution is licensed or certified by the Blu-ray Disc Association.)

UHD BD authoring wasn't included in Cyberlink PowerDirector 17 Ultra when it was released in September 2018. No announcements have been made so far regarding the possible addition of UHD BD authoring to Cyberlink PowerDirector 18 Ultra, which should be out in September of 2019. (Cyberlink has stated its intent to obtain BDA licensing and certification for its UHD BD authoring product if it decides to release one.)

[Edit]A lower bit rate is required because of the limitations of the most common types of BD media. The developer of TSM2UHD wrote the following explanation: "Bitrates! Remember, An original stream may not work as is -- as its maximum bitrate could exceed that of a BD-50 or BD-25 disc. I recommend you make sure the total of all streams does not exceed 50Mbs combined for BD-50 (absolutely no more than 64Mbs) and 35Mbs for BD-25."
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 12th Apr 2019 at 18:41.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I call it the trickle down effect

big studios
    small studios
    consumers

we're at small studio stage
    dvd logic just released software for small studios at 3000 euros

consumer stage - cyberlink, tmpgenc etc. will come along soon, guessing another year or two
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cyberlink PowerDirector 18 was released on September 09, 2019. The long-hoped-for UHD Blu-ray authoring feature is still not part of this new version.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    So I checked back in those old threads: I mentioned it would be years before UHDBD authoring was available to the masses, if ever.

I was right.
    3 years and 2 months, and only NOW is there an offering as low as $3000. And still no consumer, inexpensive/economical app.
    I didn't even WANT to be right, but the writing has been on the wall the whole time, and greedy corporations gonna 'corporate greedily.

The good thing is: the possibility is much better today that your 4k/UHD hevc clip from your camera would be compatible with modern players, displays and infrastructures, strictly as a plain media file.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  13. Well I cheated when I found this thread to go straight to the end expecting that we would have some solutions by now, I can not beleive there is not enough demand for this when 4K TV's have been around for so many years as well as the devices to take in 4K.

It was so disappointing to get to this point knowing I can write 4K PC files no problem and watch them on my own rather than share with my family on a BluRay Disk, are there any signs at all for this happening at all ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not yet.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    At last, consumer UHD Blu-ray authoring software has been released by a company that is known for its authoring software. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/399490-DVDLogic-BD-Wizard-v1-0-released%21
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    At last, consumer UHD Blu-ray authoring software has been released by a company that is known for its authoring software. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/399490-DVDLogic-BD-Wizard-v1-0-released%21
    From you link:

One-year subscription price is 99 EUR.
    Subscription sucks.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SameSelf View Post
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    I AM in the know. I have already told you so that you should be in the know. But either because you like dissing veteran media professionals, have some kind or personal grudge, can't bear something not going your way, or - the most likely - just enjoy being a troll, you continue to refuse to be told NO.

Scott
    If you are a professional, then act like one. If you think I am trolling then the solution is simple:

[Attachment 38166 - Click to enlarge]
    you wouldn't know a pro if you tripped over one.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Something the OP is quite unaware of is that that software for $100 or less is almost always just free open source CLI software that someone wrote a GUI for and charges you for it. ANd considering how long open source took to support HEVC properly I'm not holding my breath for this.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MozartMan View Post
    From you link:

Subscription sucks.
    DVDFab UHD Creator, the other commercial choice for consumer UHD Blu-ray authoring software, also uses a subscription model. Like it or not, the subscription-based model is increasingly the way of the world.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by MozartMan View Post
    From you link:

Subscription sucks.
    DVDFab UHD Creator, the other commercial choice for consumer UHD Blu-ray authoring software, also uses a subscription model. Like it or not, the subscription-based model is increasingly the way of the world.
    Yep, New World Order.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    Something the OP is quite unaware of is that that software for $100 or less is almost always just free open source CLI software that someone wrote a GUI for and charges you for it. ANd considering how long open source took to support HEVC properly I'm not holding my breath for this.
    The OP just came here to troll much of the time but hasn't been active for a while. This thread is old but still active. Apparently, people still find it with their search engine when looking for consumer UHD Blu-ray authoring software, so I added a link to some newly-released consumer UHD Blu-ray authoring software.
    Quote Quote  
  22. aint dat da shiz! I knew it was just a matter of time, and we could've avoided a lot of pointless discussion if someone would've just said, "...in about 4 or 5 years, but here's what we're missing: 1) a BD-R/RW spec 2)..." But then they would've argued endlessly about that as well because VH is the forum of naysayers, gaslighters, piler-ons, and ppl so in love with the echo chamber they quote themselves. But despite these ppl claiming I'm just here to troll and post clickbait, they sure can't resist posting in my threads (not even Hoser Rob) cuz yeah, my threads are that cool. How many people actually created an account at VH after finding this thread at the top of a google search result? So you're welcome Baldrick or whoever runs the show
    Quote Quote