VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    hello. i have a colormatrix question. i've mostly not been using the colormatrix plug in in avisynth. but recently i've started to use it. to be honest i dont know if i see a difference with or without it. i primarily encode from bluray sources in mkv containers with hcenc. i know the color coefficients for bluray are bt.709 and dvd are bt.601. is it better for dvd purposes encoding from bluray to dvd to use the colormatrix plug in to change it from 709 to 601 or is not using the plug in and keeping it the same just as ok? thank you for your replies.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You should use ColorMatrix(mode="rec.709->rec.601") when converting BD do DVD.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/329866-incorrect-collor-display-in-video-playback?p...=1#post2045830
    thanks jag for your reply. i will for sure be using colormatrix from now on. in avstodvd i've been using (Video = Video.ColorMatrix(source=0,dest=2)). where souce of 0 is rec709 and dest of 2 is rec601. i assume that's correct.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by tebugg View Post
    i've been using (Video = Video.ColorMatrix(source=0,dest=2)). where souce of 0 is rec709 and dest of 2 is rec601. i assume that's correct.
    Yes, that is correct.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!