VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hey, I have this raw dvd that I want to add an audio track and subtitles to. I don't want to use a dvd rip and re-encode the video... So far, I've wasted hours downloading and installing programs just to find out they don't want to load vobs, or find out that I can't add subtitles or audio tracks to the program that did let me add them. Quite frustrating, I have to say.

Could anyone help me? (I'm sorry if this has been answered before...)
    Sangofe
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Well, you don't have to reencode the video, but you do have to rip the DVD
    (rip = decrypt + copy to the HDD).

After ripping, you can use PGCdemux for getting the elementary streams (movie, audio tracks and subtitle tracks),
    and finally, give these latter to an authoring program (Muxman, DVD-lab Pro, whatever).

Other people may recommend applications that can deal directly with the .IFO and .VOB files,
    I know nearly-nothing about them, though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD, will reauthore dvd without encoding if source is dvd compliant
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by imhh1 View Post
    AVStoDVD, will reauthore dvd without encoding if source is dvd compliant

Awesome. Will check it out.

Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Well, you don't have to reencode the video, but you do have to rip the DVD
    (rip = decrypt + copy to the HDD).

After ripping, you can use PGCdemux for getting the elementary streams (movie, audio tracks and subtitle tracks),
    and finally, give these latter to an authoring program (Muxman, DVD-lab Pro, whatever).

Other people may recommend applications that can deal directly with the .IFO and .VOB files,
    I know nearly-nothing about them, though.
    Thanks. I did rip the dvd with dvd decrypter first
    Sangofe
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Um... Thanks, does anyone know how avstodvd lets you make your own menus and make .iso files instead of burning to a media?
    Sangofe
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yup avstodvd can do that. just click on dvdmenu, select the one you want.
    for iso, click on output and select iso
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
    Um... Thanks, does anyone know how avstodvd lets you make your own menus and make .iso files instead of burning to a media?
    AVStoDVD has good Help files. You might try typing "ISO" in the box on the Search tab to see what it finds regarding ISO output.

AVStoDVD has a menu wizard that uses templates for making simple menus (only a few options). Use the help search feature and type in "Template" to find out about creating your own.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 1st Oct 2014 at 12:51. Reason: clarity
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    False hope.
    You can't just stick audio from one DVD onto another and expect it to work out. It usually does NOT work out.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    False hope.
    You can't just stick audio from one DVD onto another and expect it to work out. It usually does NOT work out.

Well, it's a fandub done from the exact same source (same length and everything)
    Sangofe
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sync audio/video with tsmuxer or audacity.
    Last edited by imhh1; 1st Oct 2014 at 13:15.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Everything synced up nicely I didn't find any help for templates, though. I guess I'l be fine for now even though the menu does suck.
    Sangofe
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you can create your own menu by replacing the file in here: C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Menu\Templates\Menu in Black
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Background.bmp
Views:	300
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	27791  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Background.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	485.8 KB
ID:	27792  

Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
    I didn't find any help for templates, though. I guess I'l be fine for now even though the menu does suck.
    From 'DVD Menu Wizard' select the 'Template' tab. For more explanations about options, just press F1 and read the corresponding Help page.

For more menu AVStoDVD templates, go here, download suites and follow instructions.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Everything synced up nicely I didn't find any help for templates, though. I guess I'l be fine for now even though the menu does suck.
    From the "Templates" section in Help.

You can customize DVD Menu following options:

· Menu Template
    Templates can be found at path defined in Preferences - Path. Each subfolder is a Template.
    Following Template comes with AVStoDVD package (*):
    ü Menu in Black
    More Templates can be found at AVStoDVD SourceForge Project Page.
    Default is "Menu in Black".

· Menu Elements
    - "Max Titles per Page": set maximum Titles number a Menu Page can contain. Selectable range is 1 ... 16. Default is "12".
    - "Enable 'Play All' Button": toggle on/off 'Play All' button. Default is "On".
    - "Force 'Play All' Button Selection:
    State Startup After Title end
    On Play All Play All
    Off Title 1 Following Title
    Default is "Off".
    - "Enable Background Audio": toggle on/off the possibility to add a Menu background Audio stream. Default is "Off".

· Misc Stuff
    - "Motion Menu Duration": defines the time span used to create the Video Menu clip. Selectable range is 1 ... 300 seconds (5 minutes). The button on the right ("Pick Duration from Video file ...") is a shortcut to detect and paste the duration of a clip that will be likely used in the DVD Menu design. Available only if 'Motion Menu' style is selected.
    Default is "15".
    - "Menu Video BitRate": set Costant BitRate used to encode the Video Menu clip. Selectable range is 3000 ... 9000 step 500 kbps.
    Default is "6000".

(*) Templates subfolder structure is very simple. There are 3 files:
    1. Background.jpg
    2. PlayAll.jpg
    3. Labels.ini
    File 1. and 2. contain images used to build DVD Menu background and DVD Menu "Play All" button. They can be easily customized by replacing the files. Take note that, whatever horizontal and vertical sizes, those images will be resized to fit background and (eventually) "Play All" button.
    File 3. contains char settings (font, color, size, format, alignment) for Menu Title and Titles Labels. These settings are all customizable.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    False hope.

Well, it's a fandub done from the exact same source (same length and everything)
    And you are telling everyone this just now?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the amazing help I've gotten so far. Now I wonder -- is there a way using this program I could make two sub menus : audio "subtitles" and "chapters" and at the same time have links back to the main menu from both sub menus? (Yes, I tried looking in help).
    Sangofe
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the amazing help I've gotten so far. Now I wonder -- is there a way using this program I could make two sub menus : audio "subtitles" and "chapters" and at the same time have links back to the main menu from both sub menus? (Yes, I tried looking in help).
    No sub menus are possible using AVStoDVD. If you had mentioned the need for sub menus someone might have suggested a different program. I don't use it, but DVDStyler may be able to do this, I know it has the ability to create more complex menus than AVStoDVD. Here is a guide: http://www.dvdstyler.org/docs/dvd_styler_guide.pdf
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!