VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys,

I'm capturing some VHS tapes of mine for archive purposes and would like to put two tapes onto a single DVD. Each tape is under an hour. I used Vegas to capture the AVI to disc and rendered it as MPEG-2 to import into DVD Architect 3.

Here's the end result I would like to have.

1.) Main menu page that allows you to pick viewing title one or title two.
    2.) Sub menu for each title that allows direct chapter access of that title ONLY.
    3.) Ability to play the two titles consecutively.
    4.) Ability to play only a single title then return to main menu.
    5.) Loop play either title singly or both.

With that in mind... should I just take the two source AVI files and paste them back to back on the timeline in Vegas and render the combination as a single MPEG-2 file? Or is there a way to import two rendered MPEG-2 files into DVD Architect and insert the chapter and menus and things of that sort in DVDA?

Clearly I am just coming up to speed on these two programs, so any help in terms of identifying things I am doing wrong would be helpful as well.

Thanks and regards,
    Jeff
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can have mutliple titles in DVDA. I would suggest that is the better way to go, rather than adding them together as one long video. Just make sure you calculate the correct bitrate so both video's fit.

1 and 2 on your wishlist are easy and standard DVDA fair. 4 will happen by default if you set up 1 correctly. 3 will require the use of a title playlist (look it up in the help files). 5 - I'm not sure what you are asking here. You want it to repeat over and over ? Again, title playlists would allow it to happen for a defined number of loops, however I'm not sure how you would do it for infinite looping.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    guns1inger,

Thanks for the info. Using multiple MPEG-2 source streams works better for me anyway.

As for 4 and 5... yes, you are correct. I would like it to loop infinitely. Perhaps not for this particular project though. Basically I've seen this type of thing on my 2-year old's "Barney" DVDs. One of the menu options is "Loop Play" and it just continues on and on from the start once it reaches the end of the vid. I'd like to be able to accomplish that for both titles individually "Loop Play Title 1" or "Loop Play Title 2", or the whole disc (i.e. both titles) if I select "Loop Play Whole Disc". Does that make more sense?

Thanks again for the info!

Regs,
    Jeff
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'm trying to find out how to put two title sets on one dvd, I am adding 4 tv episodes to each dvd, and they are just ONE LONG video, like 35 chapters, I would like to learn how to make each show it's own title set, but at least I want to know how to make the first 2 shows one title set, and the last 2 shows the 2nd title set..
    I have been using DIVXTODVD to change from mpg to vob, then VOBEDIT & IFOEDIT
    I know there is a way to do it w/ vobedit, and ifoedit, I just can't figure it out.. can someone help me out?
    I would really appreciate it..
    Thanx allot
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    tre2004 - You can't. To make seperate titlesets you need seperate titles, which come from seperate video assets.

IceBlade - Menus are easy to loop indefinately - just set the timeout to whatever passes for infinity (in some that is 0, in others inf) and the menu will loop. The make a video or set of chapters loop indefinately is harder and possibly would require coding on your part. I have seen some disks (including from major studios) where video titles have been created as menus to allow for this sort of jiggery-pokery, but it does limit the total size of the asset as menus can't be more than 1GB in size.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote