VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have a HP 9060N Computer with a LightScribe combo HD/Blu Ray drive in it. I have installed DVDFab HD but it will not read/open any HD or Blu ray disc that I put in. I have tried 4 of each variety. The computer comes installed with "DVD play" which I think is HPs proprietary HD player software, I wonder if that is causing a problem. I can rip normal DVDs no problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have the latest version of DVDFab Decrypter? Is the computer/DVDrom recognizing the disc without DVDFab running?
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having the same issue. When I load the Blu-Ray disc, it just opens the DVDFab window but nothing happens. It does not even show any title in the top line. I have tried this setup using a standard DVD and it completed the back up to the hard drive.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I guess you have tried latest dvdfab decrypter beta? Or maybe try anydvd instead.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I downloaded the latest DVDFab (4.0.3.0) and have tried three different discs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If there is a newer version, what is the latest iteration of DVDFab?
    Quote Quote  
  6. well if it helps on a somewhat related note. Any dvd I made on the jvc drm100s homedeck recorder does NOT load up or even be regonized by the computer when using any version of dvd fab decrypter. I actually have to use the old dvd decrytper or copy/paste to put the files back on my pc.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Blueray & HD disc cannot be viewed on DVD-rom... You need a HD/Blueray drive. Only then will DVDFAB or AnyDVD will work... :shock:
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by d1spyky
    Blueray & HD disc cannot be viewed on DVD-rom... You need a HD/Blueray drive. Only then will DVDFAB or AnyDVD will work...

you obviously did not read the first post:

"I have a HP 9060N Computer with a LightScribe combo HD/Blu Ray drive in it"

and in my case, the jvcdrm is a dvd recorder. dvd fab decrypter does not read dvds made in that machine (at least not mine). The shock is that you need to read better
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a setting I need to make with the DVDFab HD or the computer to make it recognize the HD/BD discs. It plays them without problem.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter
    Do you have the latest version of DVDFab Decrypter? Is the computer/DVDrom recognizing the disc without DVDFab running?
    Thanks very much for the response - yes I have the most current version of DVDfab running.

Yes the DVDrom is working perfectly with the supplied software. I can rip standard DVDs in that same rom with DVDFab no problem. It just will not recognize any BD or HD DVD disc I put in the drive. It shows it as empty.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HTLover
    Is there a setting I need to make with the DVDFab HD or the computer to make it recognize the HD/BD discs. It plays them without problem.
    I was wondering the same thing.... but have not seen anything in the setup menu. I have not tried AnyDVD yet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is the make and model of the burner?
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was under the impression that Fab does not support BD discs. As to "reading" the discs, Windows cannot do this without a UDF-2.5 driver installed, so they will always be absent in Windows. Although the provided PowerDVD should be able to play them.

Unless this drive burns BD, it is a LG GGC-H20L.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [quote="Krispy Kritter"]What is the make and model of the burner?[/quote

From HPs spec sheet -
    Blu-ray/HD DVD player(5b) & SuperMulti DVD burner with LightScribe Technology(5a) Write -
    - 16x DVD±R, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 4x DVD±R DL, 5x DVD-RAM, 40x CD-R, 24x CD-RW.Read
    CD-RW.Read - 6x BD-ROM, 3x HD DVD-ROM, 16x DVD-ROM, 40x CD-ROM

I am pretty sure since it is a lightscribe that must be an HP brand drive? I am at work so cannot check device manager to see what it shows - but will do so later.

Not sure if this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Drive I have is an LG BluRay and HD-DVD combo plus DVD writer, but not a BluRay burner. Do I have to replace it with the BluRay burner, in order to transfer my BluRay discs to my HD?

Thank you so much for your responses.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HTLover
    The Drive I have is an LG BluRay and HD-DVD combo plus DVD writer, but not a BluRay burner. Do I have to replace it with the BluRay burner, in order to transfer my BluRay discs to my HD?

Thank you so much for your responses.
    No - all you need is a dvd rom to rip movies to a hard drive.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter
    What is the make and model of the burner?
    According to the Device Manager it is a GGC-H20L. I believe this is the LG drive. Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I am having the same problem. I cant remember where but i thought i read somewhere where dvd fad wasnt going to support the hd-dvd and blu ray decryption for a while. il try to find where i rad it but im not 100% sure so check around
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That correct DVDFab HD not reading BD disks, I have LG superdrive on my comp and all crap to read and write BD and HD, not reading!!. They fool people, AnyDVD HD does perfect backup to hard drive, but to fit it to 25G BD-R disk nigtmare, only the way to transcode the main move, but most of programs get stock during transcoding.
    Quote Quote