VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. OK, I bet this has been covered but i cant find it...!

ASUS laptop , intel (R) HD graphic card, HDMI out to a 'HDMI in to scart out' converter bought of ebay. All i get is a blue screen with a rolling bar. The telly is a Panasonic 100hz scanning thing but non HD. Is the problem that the telly can't read 1080P which is presumably what's coming out the lappy? Can the output of the lappy be altered , there is nothing i can see that seems to be able to change the output. The seller says they've sold plenty of them and they work???
    Am I expecting too much?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I guess that, from the way you write your topic, you are from the UK and you have bought one of these (or similar)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HDMI-to-SCART-RCA-Composite-Video-Audio-Converter-Adapter-Fo...ht_2613wt_1178

So, yes, they should work.

There should be a setting on your laptop in respect of 2nd display video out.

Also chexk the rating of your hdmi cable as it may not be fast enough. These devices appear to require hdmi 1.3
    Quote Quote  
  3. The HDMI to SCART converter may only support standard TV formats: 1080i and 720p. Force your laptop to output one of those.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The HDMI output resolution corresponds to how it's configured in the laptop. You can either clone the primary display or extend the desktop onto a second display. In either case, it will correspond to what is configured in the video setup (resolution and refresh rate). Your limitations will be what is supported by the TV. As it's SCART, (which unless I'm mistaken is the equivalent of S-Video) it's likely 640x480 or maybe as high as 800x600. 720P or higher is very likely not supported by the TV (as you already stated, it's NOT HD).
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. SCART output is always a standard definition analog PAL signal. It can be composite, s-video, or RGB. But always with standard 625 line PAL timing. That doesn't mean 625 lines of resolution. It's roughly the equivalent of 500x576 to 700x576 in a digital video image.
    Quote Quote