VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been trying to convert an avi into svcd using tmpg and vcd easy but keep running into the same problem.
    Disc 1 that I burn off is fine excellent picture and the audio is in sync but when I try disc 2 or 3 I get the audio running out of sync.
    this is beginning to boil my p*ss.
    Any advice would be much appreciated
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you are using TMPGenc's merge and cut option to cut your mpg than that is the problem. Either use the source range filter or cut with BBMpeg. If you cut mpeg2 with TMPGenc you get desync almost every time.

Also make sure you decompress your avi audio to wav before encoding, and it would really be best to encode audio and video separately and then mulitplex in the end.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And scan and remove any bad frames before encoding.
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the reply,
    Right I will run through the method I am using. I am starting off with an xvid. I run it through vdub to extract convert the audio into a wav.
    Then using tmpgencoder I use the source range option to make a file about 38mins long, this one works fine its the second one that always has a sync problem.
    Is there an easier method apart from buying a dvd writer!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ZippyP.
    And scan and remove any bad frames before encoding.
    Did you do the above before extracting your wav file?

Don't give up yet, there's lots of us succesfully making SVCD's on several disks. You're just getting started. 8)
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  6. I extracted and converted the audio to wav first. Then using tmpgen I select the video file and it automatically brings up the audio source. I am then hitting browse (on the audio option) and selecting the wav that I have created. This has worked when I have created vcd's and svcd's in the past but for some reason this one won't.
    The file plays perfectly on the pc and I have run it through Vdub mp3 freeze to see if there was any bad frames and there wasn't.
    Would splitting the avi up before encoding make any difference as I have just been reading about cutting using v dub ?
    Thanks Again
    Andy.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Try running the avi (video+audio) through TMPEG without converting it to wav first. In the past that has always solved my out of sync problems with vbr mp3 audio.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Can't do that as tmpgen comes up with an error if you don't change the audio.
    Quote Quote