VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have the above Blue Ray Reader. When plugged into a pc (Windows 10) said reader is detected in Explorer as BD-RE Drive. However a BlueRay disc is not read "Please Insert Disk". I'm trying to examine the folder structure.

I contacted a friend who has a Sony Vaio (Windows 10) using the built in drive + Blue ray sticker but same problem.

Any suggestions what we're doing wrong and how to see the disk.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Here is one fix found here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-samsung-blu-r...d3c7971?auth=1

Try the following:

Right-click the Start button > Command Prompt (Admin)

Then, at the command prompt type the following ( you can copy and paste) and press "Enter":

reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Cont roller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

Restart the computer.

Please let us know if this works.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi Thanks for your quick reply. The drive is still being detected but a Blue Ray disk is steadfastly being refused to be read, "Please Insert a disk".
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What kind of BlueRay disc is it ?? Movie, audio disc, game disc or ??
    Quote Quote  
  5. It is a movie.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have another bluray disc you can try ??
    Also what region is the disc and what region is your drive ??
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi

I've tried several disks. The disk is UK and DVD region is 2, Europe.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try right clicking on the drive - properties - hardware - slect your bluray drive - properties - dvd/bluray region and change it to region 2 and Region B
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure how to do that. If you select a country (UK for me) it populates the box with Region 2. How would I set it for 2 and B ? I would need the exact syntax ie Region 2 and Region B or Regions 2, B The reason I ask is that I have already changed this and am running out of changes.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If your drive is already set to region 2 and no disc
    Still won't play then I'd say you have a defective drive.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I should add that it works fine with a Standard Definition DVD if that is significant.
    Quote Quote