VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2kjsm11_t4

According to youtube DL this is 10 GB. It is a .webm as far as i know. Maybe it is because of the art look. Could a webm be reduced in size? I saw somone say a webm is only a gif. What does that mean?
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's over an hour and a half long and 4K/2160p. If it's too much, just get a lower resolution version, maybe the 720p. You don't want to shrink the 4K version any more.

If you don't like WEBM, get an MP4 version.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    It's over an hour and a half long and 4K/2160p. If it's too much, just get a lower resolution version, maybe the 720p. You don't want to shrink the 4K version any more.

If you don't like WEBM, get an MP4 version.
    Thanks I didn't realise it was 4 k no wonder. I got all the versions using -F https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2kjsm11_t4 How do i choose the one i want
    Quote Quote  
  4. webm is a container (a subset of mkv). The video is encoded with the VP9 codec, roughly the equivalent of h.265 (in terms of efficiency).
    Quote Quote  
  5. How should I know which version you want?

Something like 4K Video Downloader tells you the file sizes as well as all the available resolutions. The 720p MP4 is 540MB.
    Quote Quote  
  6. How should I know which version you want?

Something like 4K Video Downloader tells you the file sizes as well as all the available resolutions. The 720p MP4 is 540MB.
    OK Got it thanks
    Last edited by David Banner; 6th Sep 2019 at 12:05.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    webm is a container (a subset of mkv). The video is encoded with the VP9 codec, roughly the equivalent of h.265 (in terms of efficiency).
    you mean h.264
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  9. Sorry posted this twice
    Last edited by David Banner; 6th Sep 2019 at 12:22. Reason: posted twice by mistake
    Quote Quote