VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Are there many on these forums who use The Pixel Farm's PFClean software?

I've used it off and on over the last decade or so for a number of clients and I find it to be the best software solution for manual clean-up jobs. Other tools have better automatic tools, but I don't think PFClean can be beat when doing manual dirt or scratch removal.

I just got a new laptop and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get PFClean to work on this new machine.

It installs just fine but the problem is that the software doesn't see any available machines for running jobs on. Therefore I can't export any project I'm working on.

Here's an image of what I see:

[Attachment 66042 - Click to enlarge]

I've run into this issue before and I can't recall how I resolved it.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm assuming that there is a service that should be running that isn't, or some other configuration is set incorrectly. I just can't find anything in the documentation or online about this particular problem.

Even if you don't use this software, I'd appreciate it if you could even point me in the right direction for troubleshooting this problem.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program several times. It seems like I've looked through every setting there is and none seem to have any relevance to PFClean seeing machines to run jobs on.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I should also add, in case it's not obvious, that the "Add" button under "Available Machines" is grayed out so I can't manually add a machine using that method.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Check your firewall settings

Click the user support button to get help directly
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Check your firewall settings

Click the user support button to get help directly
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it wasn't a firewall issue. I have contacted PFClean support but haven't heard back yet.

It's very frustrating because I know I had this problem before but I don't know how I resolved it. I don't even know the mechanism by which PFClean identifies a machine to run jobs on. Is it a service? Some kind of backend config file I'm unaware of? I don't even know where to start.

If you, or anyone else, have any additional suggestions I'd love to hear them.
    Quote Quote  
  5. drag and drop your project into the left side of the export panel first, then export.
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
    drag and drop your project into the left side of the export panel first, then export.
    Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by this. If PFClean isn't detecting any machines to run export jobs on, then I can't export.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Does anyone know what services PFClean is supposed to be running? Is "PFCleanNode" supposed to be running? I ask because if I double click the PFCleanNode exe file it says "PFCleanNode service is started automatically" but if I click "PFCleanNodeConfig" exe file it says "Failed to connect to PFCleanNode".

If I open up Services.msc I cannot find a service named "PFCleanNode" there. Could it be that the PFCleanNode service is being prevented from running for some reason? Or are there different services that PFClean uses to communicate with my computer?

I could be way off track here but I'm grasping at straws trying to figure out what's going on.
    Quote Quote