VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys, i'm using SimpleScreenRecorder with Ubuntu.
    I moved my recording (an mp4 file) from "video" folder to a pendrive before saving it.
    Now I have an unusable mp4 file of 150 mb.
    Fortunately, few minutes before, i made another screen recording with the same settings and it works fine.
    Do you think it's possible to recover the compromised file too?
    I tried a lot of methods with no results.
    I can easily upload both files to a dropbox account and send you the url.
    Thanks in advance for the reply
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can upload the file here directly,there's a 500mb limit.Just upload the file that doesn't play.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Simple Screen Recorder has always worked for me and produced compliant mp4 files, I use it for recording most of my on-line conferences. It doesn't have a full audio mixer unfortunately but otherwise I find it fine. I suspect you have a problem copying it to the pen drive. Have you by chance copied it to a drive for which you do not have access permissions?

Brian.
    Quote Quote  
  4. My mistake was that i moved my mp4 file from PC folder to a pendrive before saving the project on Simple Screen Recorder.
    After that I turned off the PC and I got into trouble.
    The unusable mp4 file is attached here.
    Thanks a lot!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sorry, the attach is here
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. You may be able to recover that video with Remo Repair Mov. The unregistered demo version saves the entire video in its $tp folder while running. You can copy it out of there before closing the program.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You may be able to recover that video with Remo Repair Mov. The unregistered demo version saves the entire video in its $tp folder while running. You can copy it out of there before closing the program.
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    Unfortunately it doesn't work
    Quote Quote