VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. What about downloading cut.webm from post #23

And you're checking after SelectEven()

LWLibavVideoSource("cut.webm")
    SelectEven()

1_vp9_cut.avs is what I renamed the .avs (the one with SelectEven() and QTGMC(inputtype=2, sharpness=0.5)). Unless you did that too, that ffmpeg command will give you that error

I'll check a newer youtube-dl in a bit
    Quote Quote  
  2. youtube-dl_2020.06.16.1 works ok too, using your batch

I'm still getting 97,420,702 bytes for youtube-dl batch using youtube-dl_2020.06.16.1

Not that it should matter for this part, but what version of avisynth ? x86 or x64? You can check with version() . I'm using avs+ 3.6.2 r3300 x64

I can reproduce the problem with your uploaded file in post#1 , so that suggests some issue with your download process locally. There shouldn't be a difference. It should be the same bytes
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by AndersonJames View Post
    I tested your cut.webm file in AvsPmod and there's NO duplicate frames. I don't understand why you don't get duplicate frames and I do when we're both using the same download script? I have Youtube-DL version 2020.6.16.1
    Does your script still work when using that version and are the frames missing in the cut.webm file created?
    I don't understand this either. But that suggests some issue with your downloading process locally

I rechecked using 2020.6.16.1, same batch (different directories, as mkv) , no problems, same bytes as before (but same byte difference vs. yours in post #1)

That script works with that correct version downloaded without errors, the output file is posted too

Your file in post #1, however, has other problems. That script doesn't work properly with it (not just duplicates, there are some other issues with the file itself)
    Quote Quote  
  4. With the AVC 60fps video which has duplicate frames for frame 0 and 1 I can only get QTGMC to work if I do this however it still has ghosting artifacts such as on frame 64:
    Code:
    QTGMC(preset="Slow") SelectEven()
    I also tried downloading the 30fps AVC version. That does NOT have duplicate frames however I can't get QTGMC to work with it at all. Here's a screenshot of frame 67 after using this script:

QTGMC(preset="Slow") # This doubles FPS to 60.

[Attachment 54210 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by AndersonJames; 20th Jul 2020 at 04:43.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by AndersonJames View Post

I also tried downloading the 30fps AVC version. That does NOT have duplicate frames however I can't get QTGMC to work with it at all. Here's a screenshot of frame 67 after using this script:

QTGMC(preset="Slow") # This doubles FPS to 60.
    Why are you still trying to fix something that doesn't have the problem you were trying to fix in the first place?
    Quote Quote  
  6. If you downloaded the 30FPS version, you don't need SelectEven()

But if you were treating the aliasing, QTGMC should be used in progressive mode (inputtype=1 or 2) , not bobbing mode to add duplicate frames

LWLibavVideoSource() #load 30FPS version
    QTGMC(inputtype=2, sharpness=0.5)

My downloaded 60FPS AVC and VP9 versions were the same in terms of content , and the same script worked for both (with selecteven)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    If you downloaded the 30FPS version, you don't need SelectEven()

But if you were treating the aliasing, QTGMC should be used in progressive mode (inputtype=1 or 2) , not bobbing mode to add duplicate frames

LWLibavVideoSource() #load 30FPS version

My downloaded 60FPS AVC and VP9 versions were the same in terms of content , and the same script worked for both (with selecteven)
    On the AVC 30fps video I downloaded with YouTube-DL which doesn't have duplicate frames for frame 0 and 1, I used this script to keep just the first 18 seconds of the video:

Code:
    Trim(0, 548) Trim(0, -0)
    QTGMC had no effect on fixing the jaggies and in fact the video looks worse than before as it now has ghosting as shown in the previous picture I uploaded. Video attached.

I don't understand why QTGMC isn't working for me? I watched your video and clearly QTGMC was working for you as the jaggies were removed.

Does anybody have a standard definition interlaced clip I can test as QTGMC worked fine on such videos for me in the past. I'll test it again.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes, you got some ghosting issues too

I see 2 problems.
    1) something wrong with your downloading process , despite the same batch script, same youtube-dl version . I have no idea why.

2) QTGMC isn't working properly for you

If you want to deal with problem #2, answer the earlier questions about avs version number, x86 vs. x64 . Personally I would (and do) use newest version of avs+ x64, with newest QTGMC and plugin and script dependencies

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC#Core_Plugins_and_Scripts

You don't really need a sd video to check. Just use that cut.webm video in the earlier post #23. Use the same script. If you get the jaggies and ghosting, you know QTGMC isn't working . You should get the same (or very similar) results for the output file
    Quote Quote  
  9. Try using QTGMC like this. Your settings are pretty low quality for QTGMC. It's defaults for the presets kind of suck. It will be slower, but it will look much better overall and have less artifacts introduced.
    Code:
    QTGMC(preset="slow", matchpreset="slow", matchpreset2="slow", sourcematch=3, tr1=2, tr2=1, NoiseTR=2, sharpness=0.1)
    You can also do it like this and it will delete every other frame as you seem to have wanted by adding in the fpsdivisor=2. (This will make the 60fps into 29.970/30fps) (You can also use this on the 30fps version and it will stay at 30fps because of the fpsdivisor)
    Code:
    QTGMC(preset="slow", matchpreset="slow", matchpreset2="slow", fpsdivisor=2, sourcematch=3, tr1=2, tr2=1, NoiseTR=2, sharpness=0.1)
    FPSDivisor at 2 keeps the frame count from doubling, and discards every second frame.

If you want it be 23.976fps and not 29.970fps, I would use the first qtgmc listed here, and then add srestore(frate=23.976) right after it. That should get you back to 23.976fps. If it's supposed to be 29.970fps, this may remove frames you want to keep, so keep that in mind.

Do not use decimation or selecteven along with QTGMC. If you want the framerate to be different, use the available QTGMC settings (fpsdivisor=2) to keep the source framerate of 23.976 or 29.970, or combine with srestore to change to something else different from the source. I would not use both fpsdivisor and srestore at the same time, or you can introduce jittering and remove frames you needed to keep. Choose one method or the other.

Any leftover aliasing/jagged things you want to get rid of, you can reduce and or fix with this filter.
    Code:
    santiag(strv=0, nns=4, nsize=5)
    If you are going to resize, then use this filter before you resize.
    Last edited by killerteengohan; 28th Jul 2020 at 11:43.
    Quote Quote  
  10. The guy has over 800 thousand subscribers so I don't think the guy would upload a messy video like that.
    Professional broadcasters with several millions viewers broadcast messed up video footage all the time so that argument is moot.
    And, well, that beard alone is seriously messy, so there's that...

NOHOOHO!!! THEY HACKED GOD!!!
    (At 5:10 — that is meme-worthy.)

But, since these videos seem to be mostly about video games (based on the background), perhaps the dude frequently inserts video game recordings which are actually in 60 FPS, and therefore has a habit of exporting all his videos in 60 FPS ?

Also, what is the purpose of painstakingly trying to improve that video ? Is it just for archival purposes, or you want to re-use it for a personal video ? In which case, perhaps if you kindly ask the guy, and tell him that he's got a beautiful beard, perhaps he won't say yikes-yikes-yikes and will agree to send you the “master” edit, before it got savagely re-compressed by YouTube... (Because, as you're trying to “improve” it, you inevitably add yet another generation loss, and if you want to insert a part of it in a new video, that will require yet another re-compression, and then if you upload that new video on YouTube it will add yet another... and then someone, somewhere, may want to download and “fix” that... and so on, and so on... at some point it's akin to eating vomit and trying to make it taste like ice cream...)

[EDIT]
    @ poisondeathray
    The bytes are different
    97,420,702 bytes for youtube-dl batch download just now
    97,420,716 bytes for your version from post #1
    I was using youtube-dl dated 2020-05-28, not sure if that makes a difference.
    I get 97,420,784. From MediaInfo, it was created with : Lavf58.35.101.
    The uploaded MKV (post #1) was created with : Lavf55.49.100 ; which seems to be at least 6 years old.
    Last edited by abolibibelot; 6th Aug 2020 at 03:28.
    Quote Quote