VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I've been upscaling some music videos using Video Enhance AI, but before that I need to deinterlace some videos. I'm new to all of this, so I may not know the proper terminology.

I recently started using StaxRip with GTGMC to deinterlace, but it doubles the framerate. As a result, the upscale takes longer because it's more frames. I saw someone mention this code to reduce to 24 frames? Is there something you recommend for me to do to clean the videos before upscaling? Someone also mentioned dehalo, but I'm so new and feel confused. Thank you so much!

A2 = last
    A2 = A2.QTGMC(Preset="Very Slow", ediThreads=2, FPSDivisor=2)
    TFM(mChroma=true,clip2 = A2)
    TDecimate(cycleR=1,cycle=5)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Does any of the video really look better after upscaling? My experience is that this doesn't make it look any better. Your call, of course.

What is the frame rate of the original material? There is a setting in QTGMC which will return video that has the same frame rate as the original instead of doubling the frame rate (FPSDivisor, I think). You shouldn't have to perform a second step, if your goal is to end up with the same fps as the original.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I think it depends on the source. I did some videos, and the upscale looks amazing on TV!
    The videos vary. Some are 25, 23.98, etc. Which setting for QTGMC is that? I noticed not all of them do a good job, and when importing to Video Enhance AI the lines are still visible.

Check this video from 2000.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mh9aXgxWwylbQetOp5aWNfjf-rjZxBcA/view?usp=sharing
    I'm trying to improve. I saw some old videos that look so good and sharp after being upscaled.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Your script above only makes sense if the source is telecined film. Yes, it will reduce the framerate to 23.976fps, but shouldn't be used in all cases.

I'd suggest if you want advice you provide 10 seconds straight from your source, and not a huge video like that Britney Spears one. 10 seconds of steady motion will be plenty.
    Last edited by manono; 1st Jul 2020 at 19:49.
    Quote Quote