VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    i am looking to transfer some vhs tapes to pc with lossles codec, maybe lagarith. After that noise reduction. I have a win7 and a win10 pc. It has to be a european solution. I have been looking at e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Video-Grabber-g620/300593403312?_trkparms=aid%3D555021%....c100752.m1982 , but do such solution actually produce nice results? What can you advice? thx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What part of 'Europe'. I ask because you link to the UK Ebay site yet chose a product from Germany.

There is a certain adage here. "You get what you pay for". These cheap capture devices will typically be based on the easycap or 'easycrap' as we tend to refer them. Some people will claim to get acceptable results whereas others do not. Note the wording "acceptable".

There are better capture devices. I suggest to do a forum search and read some of the 000's of topics on this subject. I use a Hauppauge USB-Live2 and that will cost you 4 or more times the cost of the device you linked to.

And use your Windows7 pc. You will find it more conducive to capturing than a Win10 one.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    What part of 'Europe'. I ask because you link to the UK Ebay site yet chose a product from Germany.
    Denmark here UK is still internal european market so can trade in uk or germany, no problemo.

Originally Posted by DB83 View Post

There is a certain adage here. "You get what you pay for". These cheap capture devices will typically be based on the easycap or 'easycrap' as we tend to refer them. Some people will claim to get acceptable results whereas others do not. Note the wording "acceptable".

There are better capture devices. I suggest to do a forum search and read some of the 000's of topics on this subject. I use a Hauppauge USB-Live2 and that will cost you 4 or more times the cost of the device you linked to.

And use your Windows7 pc. You will find it more conducive to capturing than a Win10 one.
    I would like the quality to be good.
    What capture software do you use, codec?
    Last edited by tvviewer; 22nd May 2020 at 15:54.
    Quote Quote