VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. In the Selur Hybrid app, there are two settings screens where one was adjust QTGMC settings.
    • Filtering -- Deinterlance/Telecine
    • Filtering -- Avisynth* -- DeNoise

Assuming I want to deinterlace and denoise, which of these should I use? If I set the denoise level to 2 on each screen, will denoise at level 4? Does QTGMC run twice and denoise at two different steps?

*And also the Vapoursynth version of this screen
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	QTGMC screens in hybrid copy.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	63463  

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Filtering -- Deinterlance/Telecine
    I use this with bob checked, this will deinterlace and assuming your framerate is NTSC 29.97 it will double to 59.94, if you do use a denoise you risk a plastic look to your video, trial and error to get the best result.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Darryl In Canada View Post
    Assuming I want to deinterlace and denoise, which of these should I use? If I set the denoise level to 2 on each screen, will denoise at level 4? Does QTGMC run twice and denoise at two different steps?
    If you want to know what Hybrid is doing and in which order you can just press the "Show current Avisynth script" button under Filtering -> Avisynth. It will show the script.
    Same for Vapoursynth.
    Quote Quote  
  4. QTGMC allows to:
    a. be used as a deinterlacer (without special denoising/cleaning aside from the basic)
    b. be used as a deinterlacer with additional denoising/cleaning
    c. be used as a denoiser/cleaner without deinterlacing
    to reflect this Hybrid has it two sections. Once as a deinterlacer and once as a denoiser.

If you enable both options, like asked QTGMC will be added twice to the script. (or multiple times if you used Vapoursynth and know how to tell Hybrid to do so)

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It entirely depends on source.
    Most times, the faster preset is perfectly fine.

29.97/25 vs. 59.94/50 also isn't a easy choice. It has downsides, such as artifacts. The "throwing away motion" argument is nonsense, as it interpolates. Some is lost, yes, but not 50%, and again downsides. So choose wisely. Not stupidly based on auto-pilot or dogma.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote