VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I have a rather strange problem, when I try to open a VOB (DVD) file under Staxrip, it seems to load and after a while, I have the following message displayed:
    "Cannot load a 32 bit DLL in 64 bit Avisynth" followed by the address of the Staxrip directory where DGDecode.dll is located.

I will be grateful for your help because it is quite constraining.
    Note that for HD files, no problem opening them.

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Which exact version of Avisynth do you have installed?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I use avisynth 2.6.
    However, I have the impression that the problem comes not from my version of Avisynth but from Staxrip's DgMpgDec directory which is pointed in the error message.
    Last edited by Filipon; 5th Jun 2022 at 16:27.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It works for me using Staxrip 2.80 with either Avisynth 2.6 or Avisynth Plus 3.7x installed.
    I haven't tried the later version(s) of Staxrip

Staxrip has it's own, portable, version of Avisynth.dll - not sure what circumstances it is used.

I would check the runtime log and the program changelog for clues and/or revert to an earlier version
    Last edited by davexnet; 5th Jun 2022 at 17:34.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hello,
    after several hours of research, I finally solved the problem.
    It was enough to replace the DGDecode.dll file by the x64 one because for some reason, the version provided in the Staxrip version does not seem to be the x64 one.
    Thanks anyway for trying to help me.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah that's an interesting question. The original DGDecode was 32 bit only, but only recently has the fork and a 64-bit
    version become available
    Saying that, my 64 version of Staxrip worked as is. I have not checked the details of it yet.
    Quote Quote