VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Earlier this month, I purchased an Intensity Pro 4K. I was having all kinds of trouble getting it to the resolution I wanted. In addition to this the source audio was 6 channels but I was getting only 2, so this is clearly some kind of bandwidth issue.

At first I thought it was the HDMI cables, so I ordered 3 brand new AmazonBasics cables, and I know for a fact those can handle the highest caliber for HDMI. Still nothing.

Then, I called Blackmagic. The representative on the phone said it had to have been a faulty unit. So I go through all of the trouble of returning it and getting another one. I open this one up and same exact issue.

My computer is a brand new CyberPowerPC tower, there is no reason that it shouldn't be recording at the quality I want. In fact, the speed test checks out, for even more proof.

So, what can I do? What is the problem? I'm willing to do anything so long as I can fix it.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You need to provide a more detailed description of the problem with specifics. Otherwise no one will reply.

What device is being used as a source. Brand and model.

Are you connecting the ouput via HDMI to the HDMI input of the BlackMagic capture card, is it a card (or) is it a USB3.0 shuttle (or) is it a Thunderbolt shuttle? The Intensity Pro comes in three different variants.

Is the source playing back a VHS tape, DVD, Live Camera feed?

Are you using the BlackMagic capture software, or some third party software to capture and preview the signal?

Do you have any error messages on starting the capture software?

without knowing any of this.. no one can begin to guess what the problem is.

It could be many many things.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jwillis84 View Post
    is it a card (or) is it a USB3.0 shuttle (or) is it a Thunderbolt shuttle? The Intensity Pro comes in three different variants..
    The Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K, the device mentioned in the initial post, is only available as a PCI-e card. There are no external versions.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    <retracted>

i give up
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ArianK View Post
    Earlier this month, I purchased an Intensity Pro 4K. I was having all kinds of trouble getting it to the resolution I wanted. In addition to this the source audio was 6 channels but I was getting only 2, so this is clearly some kind of bandwidth issue.
    Most HDMI capture devices that can accept 6 or more channels of audio input and even output the same number of audio through their HDMI pass-through port are only capable of capturing 2 channels. This is usually a hardware or driver limitation

[Edit] I was searching VideoHelp for answers for your audio problem since I know that a few members here own or owned an Intensity Pro 4K and didn't find any audio-related posts about it, so I wrote an answer based on what I know about HDMI capture devices, in general.

Just now I did an Internet search. Your card can capture up to 8 channels of LPCM audio but may have a problem capturing 6-channel audio from at least some and maybe most or all sources. See https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=49177#p285774
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 18th Aug 2021 at 21:38.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  6. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    jwillis has been leaving early lately, what's the matter mate?
    Quote Quote