VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    It's probably due to me still having XP but I'll ask anyway.
    I cannot watch Facebook videos on my PC. This started a month or so(probably longer) ago and cannot figure it out.
    Updated Extentions and Plugins.....nothing(including Adobe, Shockwave Flash), tried adding VLC Web Plugin, I cannot update
    Silverlight (because of XP).
    I even did a Mozilla Firefox "cleanup".....nothing.....still get an opaque window after trying to play a Facebook video.
    Videos that link to YouTube work perfectly.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have XP and also can't view Facebook or Twitter videos.

A search on the Firefox support site shows it is a problem due to XP not having Windows Media Foundation and as a result can't decode h264 in HTML5 video.

YouTube works because it can still use Flash. Both Facebook and Twitter dropped Flash and only use HTML5.

A workaround that I use is to copy and paste the video link into jdownloader and save the video to my drive so I can watch it.

I found this forum link, but I have not tested it, so I don't know if it really works.
    http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/175591-enable-mp4-h264-aac-html5-video-in-firefox-on-w...without-flash/

There are also a couple about:config options posted in that link that you can try to change depending on your version of Firefox.

Code:
    media.gmp-eme-adobe.enabled (boolean, true)
    media.gmp-eme-adobe.forceSupported (boolean, true)
    media.gmp-eme-adobe.forcevisible (boolean, true)
    media.gmp-eme-adobe.visible (boolean, true)
    media.gmp.decoder.enabled (boolean, true)
    media.eme.enabled (boolean, true)
    Last edited by Vidd; 20th Jun 2017 at 19:41.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    THANK YOU for the info!!
    Quote Quote