VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I have copied a DVD to my Hard disk drive. There ist no copy protection, so I simply copied all the files with windows. This worked fine for almost all of the DVDs of this set except for one.
    This specific/problematic DVD appears to have a minor damage (maybe a scratch or so), with the result that one of the IFO files cannot be copied (windows explorer crashes whenever I try it). Luckily, all the other files, including all the VOB files, copy without any problem.
    All attempts to repair the DVD/remove scratches etc, failed.

So now I have everything except for the missing IFO file "VTS_02_0.IFO" on my Hard disk drive. The files look like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.JPG
Views:	492
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	32348

I tried using IfoEdit (http://www.ifoedit.com/index.html) to create a new IFO, but I don't know how to handle the two/three different sets of VOB files.
    Everything I tried so far with IfoEdit, failed and created invalid IFO files.

Can anybody who knows how to do this stuff, tell me kinda step by step how I can create the missing IFO file under these circumstances where there seems to be more than just one IFO?

Thanks in advance,
    Matt
    Quote Quote  
  2. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just copy VTS_02_0.BUP to VTS_02_0.IFO.

BUP means backup. IFO and BUP are identical files.

EDIT: BTW, your VTS_01_0.BUP must also be damaged cause it shows 0KB. In this case do the inverse; copy VTS_01_0.IFO to VTS_01_0.BUP.
    Last edited by Keyser; 1st Jul 2015 at 16:28.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks, it worked
    Quote Quote