VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I have a 46pfl7007t/12 Philips 3D LED TV and I was wondering if I could watch a mkv movie with .pgs (sup) subs (like this https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/ww8gzOz.jpg) from USB (external HDD)? My tv supports only this kind of subs format https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/pKLsoAq.png , so if i have a .srt sub with same name as the movie, everything is ok, but i want the graphics like in pgs. Is there any way to do this? Because the usual pgs sub / mkv muxing using MkvMerge my TV doesn't recognize.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try convert the bluray sup to sub/idx image subs with BDSup2Sub and see if they work better.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    You could try convert the bluray sup to sub/idx image subs with BDSup2Sub and see if they work better.
    Thanks for reply. I did this way, but the quality really loses. Is this normal, or i should change some settings?
    For better comparison, FULL RES. HERE

Also, after merging the subtitle format is VobSub (codec S_VOBSUB). My TV will read it (vobsub is SubViewer format or?...) ?

Thank you.
    Last edited by MotherOfGod; 16th Apr 2013 at 03:12.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried increase the output format resolution in bdsup2sub? Like 1080p. If it's possible. It was a long time ago I used it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Have you tried increase the output format resolution in bdsup2sub? Like 1080p. If it's possible. It was a long time ago I used it.
    Yes, i checked 1080 this time, but the quality is still lower, a little blurry, like in the pic.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    So, in my tv subtitles menu I can see the .sub file but when playing the movie - no subtitle are displayed, even the low quality one. What's might be the problem?
    Quote Quote