VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just checked Luminance, and it's set to 0. I checked for FFDShow and it turns out I did have it installed, but I uninstalled it and rebooted my PC and it still looks the same.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Something in your directshow configurtaion is changing the luminance, or the contrast. AVISynth will not do this without you specifically telling it to. I'm afraid I can't help you on this one. Try posting your question in the main forum to see if anyone else has any ideas. AVIsynth relies on the existing configuration for display, so something in your config is a bit wonky.
    Impossible to see the future is. The Dark Side clouds everything...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DJRumpy, first of all , thank you for the great guide. however i experienced a problem and couldnt slove it myself.

i have a telecined PAL SVCD that needs to convert to NTSC DVD. ive followed your guide step by step. my video doesnt have any *2 sec* overlaps, so i skipped that part. here's how my script like:

Code:
    clip1=mpeg2source("disk1.d2v")
    aud1=wavsource("disk1.wav") 
    clip2=mpeg2source("disk2.d2v")
    aud2=wavsource("disk2.wav") 
    clip3=mpeg2source("disk3.d2v")
    aud3=wavsource("disk3.wav") 
    Disk1=audiodub(clip1,aud1).DelayAudio(0)
    Disk2=audiodub(clip2,aud2).DelayAudio(0)
    Disk3=audiodub(clip3,aud3).DelayAudio(0) 
    disk1++disk2++disk3
    ResampleAudio(48000)
    AssumeFPS(23.976,True)
    ConvertToYUY2() 
    Crop(0,134,480,306)
    LanczosResize(720,360)
    AddBorders(0,60,0,60)
    there're 3 parts. Y top is 134, Y bottom is 136. my code seems to be fine. i replayed it again and again on windows media player, it works just perfect. but after encoding the whole video with CCE, something went wrong. right after i finished doing the *pulldown*, i went test the video wtih audio on TMPGEnc DVD author, for sake, the audio is horribly out of sync, about 1-2 sec. i recoded it again, happened the samething.

seems like soemthing went wrong during the encoding. only the audio out of sync for 2 sec. other than that, the whole video looks great!

so DJ, how do i fix this?

if you want more info, here it is:

BEFORE ENCODING:
    Code:
    aspect ratio: 4:3
    fps: 25
    video type: PAL
    frame type: progressive
    audio format: mpeg audio
    AFTER ENCODING:
    Code:
    aspect ratio: 16:9 (thats what i wanted)
    fps: 29.970 (shouldnt this one be 23fps? i think this is the problem here)
    video type: FILM (NSTC, yes)
    frame type: for some reason it displays prograssive and interlaced on DVD2AVI

thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Make sure your video framerate is correct in CCE (23.976). It doesn't always properly detect the framerate. Also, if your not adjusting the audio delay, you can leave that out of your script ( .DelayAudio(0) )..the rest of the line needs to stay though. When you do pulldown it makes your mpeg appear to be 29.97 fps, so that's correct, but you should make sure you select the proper options. You should have only the "set drop_frame_flag for NTSC streams" selected. Everything else should be unchecked.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DJ, thanks for the quick reply.

i dont see anywhere i can set the fps on my CCE. i have the SP version. by looking at the picture from your guide, looks like you had the same version as i do.

i see "Timecode Setting" there, next to the "Frame #" field, do i just replace the 0 with 23.976?

i took out the ".DelayAudio(0)" like you suggested now im re-encoding again. also for the Pulldown, "set drop_frame_flag for NTSC streams" is the only option i checked, others remained unchecked. i followed your guide.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The framerate setting is in CCE. Just click on the "Video" button at the bottom left of the CCE Main settings screen to see the CCE framerate. Yours should be set to 23.976.

The other options I'm describing are set when you run Pulldown on your M2V file to make it appear to be 29.97 fps. They are in the PullDownBatchFE GUI, not CCE. Be aware that PullDownBatchFE. It should NOT be checked. PullDownBatchFE is the program that I'm referring to when I say that the only option that should be checked is the "set drop_frame_flag for NTSC streams" option.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks DJ. but this isnt helping at all. i discovered that the video works fine after encoded with CCE, before i pulldown the video, fps was 23.976fps. after i pulldowned the video, fps changed to 29.97. thats the reason why my audio out is sync at the middle of the video. is there any way that i can fix the audio? the audio only works with 23.976fps, not 29.97. since 23.976fps can not be used for a standard DVD.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    dvd_jr, using pulldown does not change the physical framerate. It makes the video 'appear' to be 29.97 fps, however the internal framerate is still 23.976 fps. For this reason, it cannot affect audio sync if done properly.

If you did change the physical framerate, your audio would immediately loose sync. It would not wait until halfway through the film. Your problem lies elsewhere, or you are selecting the wrong options for pulldown.

Describe what software and versions your using to perform pullldown. Also let me know what settings you have selected.
    Quote Quote