VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. When you asked, "Did you output to hard disk folders (a VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS directory) or did you create an ISO file ?"; sorry, I have no idea what I have created. Sorry, very new with these things. I basically followed the guide using DVDdecryptor, Vobblank, and then DVDShrink to encode and seleted my HD to store the encoded files. I looked in this folder and as stated earlier, I see lots of VTS and Video_TS folders. Now I assume these are not ISO files, correct? If yes, what do we call them. I don't remember seeing any AUDIO_TS folders.
    does the question always have to direct to jimmalenko???
    anyway onto your point....iso files are basically an "image" of the whole dvd, so there's only one file.......it's best to create an iso file in dvd shrink...if you follow that guide jimmalenko gave u (it's the guide i created )...it should show u..this is the part in the guide that show's u...

Now for the final part in DVDShrink. Click Backup. In the first tab, make sure in “Select backup target”, ISO Image File .......and so on...

hope this helps....and by the way, those "files" that were created, hrmm...just call them dvd files.......maybe jimmalenko can tell me, his the "professional", right?
    Quote Quote  
  2. vdk_au,

. Thank you for droping by with your help.

Now to both of you, vdk_au and Jimmalenko,

I tried a different movie, one that I would like to make a couple of copies. After riping it with decrypter, vobblank it, then trying to shrink the main movie in DVDshrink, but it shows the "green" bar up to only 4498MB, and left about 3/4 of an inch red to the end of the bar, which shows a little over 5000MB. Below that, the "automatic" compression ratio shows at 91%, and the sliding bar is all the way the left. I tried custom compression, but can't because the sliding bar is already all the way to the left.

My question: why the green bar doesn't go all the way to the right, especially when I chosed the "automatic" compression? Is the configuration OK? If not, what else do I need to do to get a full green bar?

Thanks for helping,
    John
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Have you removed all erroneous audio (e.g. french) ?

There are some movies that DVDshrink can't pull down in only one go, but you can just continue anyway, then run the output of DVDShrink through itself again, and this should pull it down far enough.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    Have you removed all erroneous audio (e.g. french) ?

There are some movies that DVDshrink can't pull down in only one go, but you can just continue anyway, then run the output of DVDShrink through itself again, and this should pull it down far enough.
    Yes, I have removed all except English.

I see what you say. However, "...run the output of DVDShrink through itself again..." how do I do this?

Thanks,
    John
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Easy. Run your DVD through DVDSHrink and output to either an ISO file, or hard disk folders. Once it's finished, reload these folder sor the ISO file back into DVDShrink and run it again, so that it shrinks your already-shrunk files.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Why would you use a piece of garbage software that you have to pay for when free software exists that does the same thing?

If you are just doing the main movie, then why do you need a menu?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    Easy. Run your DVD through DVDSHrink and output to either an ISO file, or hard disk folders. Once it's finished, reload these folder sor the ISO file back into DVDShrink and run it again, so that it shrinks your already-shrunk files.
    Ah hah!. Thank you!!!

I am going to do that now and will report back once done.

Best,
    John
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by bazooka
    Why would you use a piece of garbage software that you have to pay for when free software exists that does the same thing?

WTF ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. [quote=best to create an iso file in dvd shrink...if you follow that guide jimmalenko gave u (it's the guide i created )quote]

By the way, vdk_au,

Thank you very much for creating this guide. It is awsome! I am learning a great deal because you set up something that I can learn from. Much appreciation.

Best,
    John
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimmalenko

WTF ?
    It is self explanatory Jim.

It is not rocket science.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM

WTF ?

My WTF was to do with this: What paid software is being used ?

Do you mean as in that this guide references DVDXCopy ? It was just totally out of context for where the thread was going, that's all
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM

WTF ?

My WTF was to do with this: What paid software is being used ?
    DvdXCopy = The root of all evil.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Jimmalenko and vdk_au,

I just finished my second DVD and not very happy with it. I have all kinds of drop outs and pauses, both in video and audio. Isn't DVDDecrypter supposed to take out the CSS protection so that we get flawless copy?

What has been your experiences with drop outs and pauses in copying movie? If we are to get flawless copy of the movie, what might I have done wrong? I basically followed every steps provided by vdk_au's guide, except refeeding through DVDShrink to reduce the size of this movie. The first one I previous did was a black and white movie, so that came out flawless. Not this one. It is a relatively new foreign film with CSS protection.

-ripped with DVDdecrypter
    -Vobblank unwanted titles
    -open file in DVDShrink
    -deselect the auio tracks and subscripts which I didn't want.
    -back up
    -created ISO file
    -checked "region free"
    -checked "perform deep analysis….”
    -checked "Compress video with high quality adaptive error compensation"
    -reincoded/creating new ISO file
    -finally, burned DVD with DVDDecryptor.

What may have happened?

Thanks,
    John
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    media.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Media: Ritek Ridata DVD+R 4x

John
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    after you shrink it can you play the video off your harddrive ( use daemon tools to mount the ISO file )

if it plays ok then its your burning process or media, dvdderypter burns well so its leaves your media

or your dvd player
    Quote Quote  
  17. Sifaga,

Thanks. Just downloaded it. Now, is there a guide in using this tool? If so, kindly point me in the direction.

Best,
    John
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hey techon

i found this DAEMON Tools Online Help
    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/daemonhelp.php?helppage=12#mounting

after you mount your ISO just start up your DVD Player of choice ( I use PowerDVD ) and point it to the new drive that daemon tools has setup for you using the ISO
    Quote Quote