VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to demux the sound from a m2ts file (kung fu panda). When I load it in tsMuxer it shows that the main file's track sound is ac3 core + true-hd. I tried to demuxing the file so I can then convert it to standard ac3 using ac3to. The problem is when I try to do this the output file that tsMuxer gives me is only ac3 and it's not proper, it seems that chunks of audio are missing, not that the audio cuts off but that some sounds aren't there....like the panda falling down the stairs, and it gets out of sync.
    Here it is the screenshot of what I'm doing.

As you can see I loaded the m2ts file, unchecked all the tracks except the ac3 core+ True HD and then I press demux.
    Am I doing anything wrong? Should I use other software?
    When I try to dowmix the audio track to ac3 directly using tsMuxer it give's me an overflow error.

Note: My OS is windos 7 x64.

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    looks like your doing it right. try to demux using another piece of software. Try clown_bd and see if you get the same result. i've demuxed alot fo bluray titles for archiving purposes and ive converted all the new HD audio streams to just straight 640 ac3 audio due to my MVIX Ultio not yet able to decode the newer audio.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can try eac3to, it fixes audio gaps, delays etc...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But using eac3to don't I need to individualize the audio file? I mean can it work with m2ts input and then convert the audio directly?
    Many thx for the help
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dude, check the h.264 box and downconvert in tsMuxeR, TsMuxer will demux, down convert the audio, and multiplex the streams for you, and be done w/ it

TsMuxer does everything you want w/o "help" from any other program, and the latest version fixs overlaps and gaps too

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ocgw
    Dude, check the h.264 box and downconvert in tsMuxeR, TsMuxer will demux, down convert the audio, and multiplex the streams for you, and be done w/ it

TsMuxer does everything you want w/o "help" from any other program, and the latest version fixs overlaps and gaps too

ocgw

peace
    I tried that but it gives me an error saying "Reading buffer overflow" and I realy don't know what others programs to use...clown_bd tells me that the file format is not recognized (eac3to error).
    I just want to convert true HD 5.1 to ac3 so I can run the movie on my media center properly. Thx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry for resurrecting a dead thread...but you can use eac3to to convert a True-HD audio format to AC3.
    Just you don't need to do anything special in the settings...just select your "Save Type As" as being AC3 and you're good to go.
    And no, you don't need to demux the audio you want from the primary stream file prior to conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by out_sider View Post
    Originally Posted by ocgw

ocgw

peace
    I tried that but it gives me an error saying "Reading buffer overflow" and I realy don't know what others programs to use...clown_bd tells me that the file format is not recognized (eac3to error).
    I just want to convert true HD 5.1 to ac3 so I can run the movie on my media center properly. Thx
    I just ran into the same issue with American Sniper. I too convert my Blu-Ray's to run them off my media server. What I found though that if you convert and downsize the movie first with something like DVDFab, the down conversion messes with the audio file, so that programs like eac3to just barf. I also tried TAudio Converter, and the same held true.

However, I found that if you use a program like AnyDVD, where the clean image of the BD files are retained, you can us tsMuxer to demux the TrueHD audio track, where the "Downconvert HD audio" function works properly. I'd recommend to demux the audio and h264 video files separately. Because tsMuxer is relatively fast, this shouldn't present a problem.

Once you have the converted the AC3 audio file, use tsMuxer to re-mux both into a single m2ts file and you're good to go. Of course, all this assumes that the BD disk's movie is one big file, otherwise you'll be spending more time to individually process them,

In the case of American Sniper, which runs about 2:13, the resultant raw file is about 26GB. For me personally, I usually shrink down my BD's for streaming use to about 6Mbs, which for me in almost all cases, yields very acceptable video quality.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I have one truehd atmos and i can't convert it to ac3.
    I try tsmuxer, eac3to, TAudio Converter without success.

Can you suggest me one program that do the job?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Super worked for me man. When you install it, make sure you do the advanced custom installation and don't install the adware. Make sure the directshow decode button is checked at the the top right when encoding.

here is video of how to convert it. In the video I used 4k DTS 5.1, but I tried it with Atmos and it works too:

https://youtu.be/MP459KAjgyc
    Last edited by ezcapper; 28th Dec 2016 at 18:46. Reason: add video link
    Quote Quote