VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Everyone!

I have the latest version of DVDFab 9 and purchased the Copy Blu-ray program portion of it. But now I have discovered that it won't convert my BDs to DVDs and keep the chapters intact unless I buy another part of the program for many more $$$!

I am not happy with this, as it leaves a nasty DVDFab watermark on the DVD conversions that pops up every few minutes. So I can rip my Blu-rays to my hard drive and make perfect copies of them--but I can't convert them to DVDs with the chapters intact without the stupid watermark.

Does anyone know of a free program that will let me convert my BD copies on my hard drive to DVD and keep the chapters intact?

It seems like this is a function that we are being exploited for many more $$$ by these companies for a function that should have been included in the Copy part of the program. After all, it is a serious downgrade in picture quality to convert your BD to DVD, so why are they charging us extra for this stupid feature???

Freemake Video Converter will do the conversion process for free but does not retain the chapters! Nor do any of the other free programs I have come across.

Hopefully someone on the forum knows of a free program that keeps the chapters after the conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  2. For free:

MakeMKV to rip.
    DVDStyler or AVStoDVD to make a DVD with chapters intact.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your replies!

I found out how to do this with BD Rebuilder, though it is a rather arcane process due to the way its settings are structured.
    Quote Quote