VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Morning!

I have a issue here...

What software should i use to make dvd from mkv files, the software should support 4 language dk/se/no/fi something that is easy to find out for me. i have tried dvd flick but i takes allmost 2 hours to do that task. and i think that is kinda long time..
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by sbh7600 View Post
    and i think that is kinda long time..
    And I think you're wrong about that. However, you might try AvsToDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'll have a look at that one thanks 😊
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi, I too am having similar issues. I have an MKV file I would like to burn to DVD. I've been given a few suggestions from other sites but not much luck. The closest I came to was using a program on Windows 7 called ConvertX which produced the DVD but the quality wasn't as high as I wanted it to be. Currently I am a Mac person so I also tried using multiAVCHD with Crossover but conversion failed. My question here is what programs can I use on Mac to burn my MKV file to DVD. Keep in mind my file has about 3 audio tracks which I want to preserve. I don't want it to convert with just one. Any suggestions???
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by crissrudd4554 View Post
    Hi, I too am having similar issues. I have an MKV file I would like to burn to DVD. I've been given a few suggestions from other sites but not much luck. The closest I came to was using a program on Windows 7 called ConvertX which produced the DVD but the quality wasn't as high as I wanted it to be. Currently I am a Mac person so I also tried using multiAVCHD with Crossover but conversion failed. My question here is what programs can I use on Mac to burn my MKV file to DVD. Keep in mind my file has about 3 audio tracks which I want to preserve. I don't want it to convert with just one. Any suggestions???
    Post in our mac section. I have no idea what you can use...maybe iffmpeg it supports dvd output.
    Quote Quote  
  6. @Baldrick I'll post there

@videobruger I actually downloaded that last night. It kept closing itself every time I tried opening. I kept getting a message like 'DVDStyler had an error and had to shut down' or something like that.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Avstodvd is definitely the best dvd encode/author program I've used. The others had too many problems. Though I must say that I've never tried one I actually liked all that much.

The best way to use avstodvd is to always tell it to use 2 pass encoding. You get better quality consistently. Unfortunately that's the slow setting and it will take about 2X as long as the fast setting. But if you're going to end up writing it to DVD-R why not put the best quality on there?

BTW there are no magic fast encoders. The only way to get them to run significantly faster is to use the lowest quality settings.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Is there a Mac version?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by crissrudd4554 View Post
    Is there a Mac version?
    I don't know. You could have googled it in 5 seconds ...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    I don't know. You could have googled it in 5 seconds ...
    Well pardon me :P
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!