VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello!

I'm experimenting on VHS capture with Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1100 (relic from 2005).
    Sound is working fine, when I input it through the Line-In of the motherboard - but, this, as it turns out, introduces delay, which progresses throughout time.
    So as I understand, I should be using audio input of my capture card instead. And that's where the trouble begins: whatever I try, I just cannot get any sound from my cards Line-In!
    In Device Manager under Sound, video and game controllers, I can see "Hauppauge WinTV 88x Audio Capture" device.
    But there is no sign of anything under Windows Recording Devices (there's just Microphone and Line-Input of the motherboard) So obviously I'm also unable to choose Hauppauge Audio Capture in OBS settings or anywhere else.
    Under Crossbar properties I can see the following: "Current Input: 2: Video Composite" and "Related Pin: 8: Audio Line In". Interesting!
    I have also tried Amarectv which has separate Audio Input menu, with Line and Line(2) options but still nothing.
    I started out with Win10 and 64bit drivers from 2012, and have also tried with 32bit Win7 with very old drivers - still nothing in Recording Devices!

Before throwing out this card for good - does anyone have any ideas, what's going on here?
    I wonder, how did people actually use this input back in the days?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    After some more investigation, I'm fearly certain now, it's a driver issue after all.
    I fired up my old copy of Magix Video Easy HD and sound from line-in was finally working! So it's not supposed to show up under Recording devices.
    In Win10 64bit, there was bad stuttering in Magix, but in Win7 32bit, everything worked, like it should! So yes, this old card just don't like newer OS'es.
    But - even in Win7 32bit, Amarectv still doesn't list any audio formats for Hauppauge device and Virtualdub displays no preview. I was able to test some USB capture device (König brand, identified as Dexetec Polaris and there were no issues with Amarec nor Virtualdub)
    Oh, and as it seems - you are actually not able to choose your capture cards audio input in OBS!
    Quote Quote