VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did someone find a way to unlock this DVD player from Region 1.
    There are some hacks on the internet but none of them work with player bought in region 1.
    Alternately, would it be possible to flash the firmware to a different region and then apply the hacks?

Best Regards, Eric.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    None that I can find, doesn't appear possible. If region free is that important, I'd suggest getting a player that supports region free.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What I am going to say should be taken as general advice. I have no personal experience with any Samsung DVD players.

All DVD players can't be made region free. We've had reports before of players sold in the USA that cannot be unlocked but the same player sold overseas can be unlocked.

Flashing the firmware to a different region is an interesting idea, but one of the problems you might have is that some manufacturers make players for the USA and Canada that are incapable of playing PAL video. So assuming your attempt to flash doesn't brick the player and you are able to unlock it, you might find that even though it's region free that it still can only play NTSC DVDs. There is always the chance that your player has completely different hardware outside of North America and what you propose will brick it. This makes no sense at all from a manufacturing standpoint and many companies make exactly the same model for all countries where it's sold, but I have heard of companies that do make different players for different parts of the world.
    Quote Quote