VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am certain that there is a program to help me, maybe someone could suggest something. I have a Movie in German and English Audio but the Chapter menu is written in German. I have found the translations and would like to edit the main menu and replace the German with English. I am certain such a thing is possible, its just knowing the best programI I hope someone can suggest something that would...I tried DVDsubedit, but although I can see the main menu I cant figure out how to edit it

Many thanks in advance

Just tried PGCEdit.........Found menu window but cant see how to edit the chapter text
    Last edited by Reddwarf4ever; 11th Jun 2018 at 15:04.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVDSubEdit only permits you to change the button highlights (indicating which menu option is selected), not the the text/button itself. It is also necessary to extract the menu itself from the DVD, and then modify the button graphics or text using a graphics program, like Paint or GIMP. See this guide: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/254043-Guide-for-extracting-menus-for-editing-and-...g-edited-menus
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello Thanks I was coming to this guide....I have extracted the menu and now editing the text....the English mostly takes up a sinle line, whereas the German took two lines. Is there an easy way to move the Chapter Number / Button to a different position and still `work`

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Reddwarf4ever View Post
    Hello Thanks I was coming to this guide....I have extracted the menu and now editing the text....the English mostly takes up a sinle line, whereas the German took two lines. Is there an easy way to move the Chapter Number / Button to a different position and still `work`

Thanks
    PgcEdit's Menu Editor allows changing the size and location of each menu button.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Reddwarf4ever View Post
    Is there an easy way to move the Chapter Number / Button to a different position and still `work`
    A way? Yes. Easy? No. You have to edit and replace sub pics and it's no fun. DVDSubEdit can help, but I wouldn't suggest doing it unless there's no alternative.

In the guide I purposely kept away from changing buttons and concentrated on editing the text. When you mentioned, "the English mostly takes up a sinle line, whereas the German took two lines", I thought to myself, "So what?" You can add your English text beside/above/below the German text, as in the guide. Or, you can just cover that text with new English text, perhaps with the help of the clone tool in a picture editor.

If the text is directly above the button (am I saying that correctly?), you can edit the size of the button easily in PGCEdit in order to adjust the size, as usually_quiet mentioned. I do that all the time.
    Last edited by manono; 11th Jun 2018 at 20:26.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Agreed
    There comes a point where the work doesn’t justify the end result. I will juggle the new text to make it look good.

Should be pleased I can do what I can do, without the effort of the freeware authors it would not be possible.

Don’t suppose any new software will be written , considering everyone is moving toward digital ( still like the idea of being able to sell lend swop my DVDs which is no,longer possible with a digital download...

Thanks for all the help

I have the BMP of the menu, need to find out where the target points / areas are for selecting the chapters, is it usually a single point ?, trying to think of a way to determine where these points are in the BMP on eBay the text is cleared, or maybe it’s just judged by eye....

Thanks again

UPDATE

Just found DVDRemake Pro....although not free, I wonder if this would suit my needs and easier

UPDATE

Bought dvdremake pro and it seems to be everything I need, have saved BMP to edit the menu text....has option to move reposition the hot areas for selection.....just have to specify top bottom left right coordinates, really easy....so going well
    Last edited by Reddwarf4ever; 12th Jun 2018 at 18:40.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    How did you fare with this mate as I'm looking at doing exactly the same thing and need
    help from start to finish just like you have asked on this thread. Can you shed any help?
    Quote Quote