VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.

Many, and I mean many, like 10, years ago I bought a concert DVD that had one chapter in the wrong place, it started in the middle of a song, so I remember as it was yesterday, I copied the DVD to PC and found a software that could edit chapetr point of the DVD, I corrected it, saved and ripped the audio based on chapter starts.

Now may years later I have the same problem, the DVD has a concert, but 3 chapetrs are two songs in one chapter, I want to split them, but I have no luck finding that old software also no luck finding any relevant topic here, I tried ifoedit, but nothing is editable here, I tried demuxing and remuxing to VOB files and replacing them in the VIDEO_TS folder, but it made more than half titles disappear in DVD Audio Extractor.

So in short, how can I edit those chapters, based on the timecodes, as I had prepared timcodes for every chapetr point I need (not nessesarily I-frame accurate, so it would be nice, of the program could adjust them accordngly) without authoring a whole DVD, it's a DVD9 with 11 titles and I need to correct only one.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you culturally "locked in" to playing on a standalone DVD as a disc? If not why not make MKV files (no loss of quality and quick) that you can insert chapter points wherever. MakeMKV is the program to use.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Are you culturally "locked in" to playing on a standalone DVD as a disc? If not why not make MKV files (no loss of quality and quick) that you can insert chapter points wherever. MakeMKV is the program to use.
    I am locked in by DVD Audio Extractor, I put a DVD folder there and it extracts concerts to WAVs based on chapters and the chapters 2-in-1 and I want songs in seperate wavs. It doesn't accept mkvs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    It doesn't support absolute frame timecode and chapters can oly be split with "relative time", which is totally counterintuitive and not helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have no idea what any of that means. Chapters can only be created at GOP boundaries. A scene change creates a new GOP. Therefore, you can create a new chapter at a scene change. If you know where that song changeover occurs in the DVD, you should have no problem at all finding that scene change and creating a new chapter.

Another way is to demux using PGCDemux, adding the new chapter point to the Celltimes.txt it gives you, You do that by 29.97fps frame number. And then remux using Muxman. More work, though.
    Quote Quote  
  6. What what means? Frame number? I know where chapters can be created, hence I wrote about it in the first place, "it would be nice, of the program could adjust them accordngly" from the input absolute frame number to the "legal" I-frame.
    I have tried PGC, demuxed it, edited chapter point and remuxed it in Muxman, then I opened DVD AE and lo and beold titles were all messed up, from 11 titles only 5 were shown and not the one I edited.
    Quote Quote