VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Panasonic DMR E-20 recorder, but just recenlty the remote control on/off button;Open/close button; and the recording speed button do not work. All the other buttons are okay.. I opened up the remote and tried cleaning the contacts , but they still won't work.. Then I noticed that if I leave the batteries in the remote, thay die in about 2 days....Anyone have a cure? Most thankful ..BJ
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would guess one of the buttons are stuck down or because of crud or whatever it thinks one of the buttons are stuck down. The easiest way to check is to point the remote at a digital camera or camcorder or camera and look at the display. IR will show up with such cameras and if you see it lite up all the time that's your problem.
    A quick search found the E20 remote for whatever reason seems to be one of the most expensive Panasonic remotes, it's up to you if you think it's worth it.
    http://www.videodirect.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=V&Product_Cod..._Code=PANRMCTL
    Here's a link to a thread which lists US Panasonic models, year produced and features. Your E20 looks to be only the second model DVDR Panasonic sold in the US, a classic indeed.
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1134909
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have one of the old E-20s, I do know the remote for the E-55 would also operate (I had to keep them in separate rooms, or "dual record" things) the E-20.

They are built like a tank, weigh as much as a PC of the time, and record well with the exception of the variable mode bug.

Glad to see someone else has one that works - mine dates from May 2002
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If that's the case, E55 remotes are a little cheaper at $28.95(vs $41.95 for the original). The E20 is indeed a '02 model and the E55 is a '04 model. Quite frequently(for how old they are) I see used E55s on my local Craigslist.org. They go for anywhere from $20-50 so a used unit is another option. I've never seen a E20 on my local Craigslist.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have a virtually unused E20 remote (was used to teach a universal is all). If you are still looking for one PM me.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I am interested.. Please let me know what price and possibly pay you by Paypal...Bo
    Quote Quote