VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I finally made my first dvd-r using my a03, and I didn't quite create a coaster, but there are some things with the disk that aren't quite right.

- The first problem is that each chapter switch seems to re-start the time counter from zero, on the original the time counter is cumulative, not a big problem except that my dvd player pauses playback for a split second when he chapter switches...just enough to be really anoying. I riped the original by running smart ripper in the default movie mode to rip the main stream, giving me just the movie and the default audio track. I then ran IfoEdit and told it to create ifos, and then re-started IfoEdit and did "get vts sectors" and told it to correct all. Moved the result to VIDEO_TS, created and empty AUDIO_TS and burned...anyone seen this "pause" problem before and know how to fix it? anyone know how I make the time cumulative like the original?

- the second problem I have is that the movie starts to break up in the later chapters around 1hr 20mins into the movie, the player has problems playing it, almost like the disk is scratched or something. I'm using generic blanks from cd-recordable.com. Does this sound like a problem with cheap blanks, a problem with the write session (I used the prassi data-disk wizard), or something else?

Any help greatly appreciated, I want to avoid too many coasters, even and $3 a hit.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I just tried playing the dvd on my pc dvd-rom using PowerDVD, and it plays fine, beggining to end, and PowerDVD even makes the time cumulative. My stand-alone players are an old Proscan PS8600P, which only plays DVD's, and gives me the problems described above, and an Xwave LB900, which plays just about everything, including some wild-fomat x(s)vcd's Ive made, but not this DVD (very surprising). Anyone have any experience with these players and dvd-r's?
    Quote Quote