VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This project has ended... A long time ago.
    Please checkout the new 'TUBE4'.
    Last edited by video.baba; 4th May 2022 at 07:00. Reason: Update
    Quote Quote  
  2. QUICK START GUIDE

DOWNLOADERS
    Five fully independent, asynchronous, 'youtube-dl' downloaders.

FORMAT SELECTION
    You can select your format-quality using the button that appears after scanning.
    The ‘youtube-dl’ default format of ‘best’ is also selected by TUBE4 by default.
    The current selected format is highlighted as shown below:

You can also link video and audio IDs by ‘right’ clicking a video only format followed by an audio only format, see below:

PLAYLIST/PROXY
    Press the little 'PL' button to get the whole playlist if your video you're downloading is part of a playlist.
    Press the little 'PX' button to use a proxy. (You need to add a valid proxy beforehand).
    Last edited by video.baba; 9th Feb 2019 at 05:36.
    Quote Quote  
  3. BETA 2
    Added a couple more options:
    -Download youtube captions.
    -Download video playlist if video part of a playlist.
    Quote Quote  
  4. BETA3
    Just a few code clean-ups and moved the playlist option on to the individual downloader panels (a small P).
    Quote Quote  
  5. BETA 5
    Changed interface, re-started from scratch... I was bored.
    Quote Quote  
  6. BETA 6:
    Added 'Retry' button.
    Leave download title displayed after download.
    Added button 'ToolTips'.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks!.. will try this
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks. Anything bizarre let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I Installed the program, it works great!

I like the Visuals!, clean and simple.

I do have some comments and grouses tho.

1. when I select Format, it does not show (best) or recommended (might help some people to show this.

2. it installs some dlls, and installs to the computer, I do not know what is installed, maybe spyware/addware (please do not feel insulted, I choose to trust you, I therefore installed it) so this should be handled in some way. Personally I would prefer a Portable app so I could run it from a portable drive, this will also make me more comfortable as nothing need installing.

3. There is no summary or details after the download, I do not know if a malformed bitstream is present in the download, nor do I know it there was 1 if it was fixed. I intentionally downloaded a file with this error which I was able to fix with the commandline+ffmpeg in youtube-dl

I will keep you updated if any errors prop up
    Last edited by syalazar; 5th Feb 2019 at 11:34. Reason: Added new findings
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks for the feedback, glad it seems to work fine.

From your comments:
    1: When you select 'Format it *should* show you the "best-recommended" or whichever format you have changed to. You should see this:

Format ID is displayed at the top and chosen format should be high-lighted as in the screen shot. Can you confirm if this is the case or not?

2: Those DLLs are part of FFMPEG, contained in the TUBE4 bin/ folder. No DLLs are placed outside TUBE4 folder. For now, you can just 'prune' the folder and move it anywhere.

3: At the moment, if no summary/message is shown after the download then... "No News is Good News". Currently, only errors are shown and for malformed bitstreams, this will be fixed automatically without notification.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Started to add some instructions. Well, a 'quick start guide' at least. Post #2
    Quote Quote  
  12. BETA7:
    Corrected an accidental double-click in format selection.
    Corrected the title display in the formats window after selection.
    Corrected the format|resolution info on the downloader after linked format update.
    Add an exception 'Catch' in the URL scan deserialisation procedure.
    Quote Quote  
  13. hi, your very nice app don't support --user-agent mode...
    i want download stream like this: youtube-dl https://hls.hydrax.net/6crB7cd765********/playlist.m3u8 --user-agent "Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 10_14 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.1.1 Mobile/15E148 Safari/605.1.15"
    this string work with youtube-dl...

please, on future new realise, implement this possibility....
    Quote Quote  
  14. Thanks for the comment. I'm certainly not a 'youtube-dl' expert, but I'll look into your comment tomorrow when I have more time.
    Quote Quote  
  15. if you are interested in learning more about the topic, read my post about youtube-dl and --user-agent here: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/391939-grabbing-video-streams-ffmpeg
    Quote Quote  
  16. Thanks for the link, I just had a quick speed-read, I'll read again later when I have more time - cooking and cleaning to do

I've not dealt with, I mean I don't know much about 'user agent' at the moment so as I read into that a little more later I have just a few questions about its implementation into TUBE4.

1. Is it something that just needs an option to input the user-agent text (you would write or paste it in), similar to the 'TEMPLATE' options.
    2. Would this be a GLOBAL option? What I mean is... Is it something that would get applied, if needed, to ALL TUBE4 downloaders? Saved in "settings".
    3. Would it need an ON|OFF switch on each TUBE4 downloader, similar to the PL|PX options?
    4. I guess, from the little information I have just read, that it may better to have a 'list' of user-agents stored and you select the appropriate one?

Speak soon...
    Quote Quote  
  17. i think option 3...
    and for question to point 4. it would not be necessary.... just write it manually....
    the question (for me, my personally opinion) it would implement the function --user-agent because I know that many sites they adopt a different behavior between pc desktop and device mobile, then with switch to user-agent it is possible download streaming .m3u8 file! that's all!
    however this is not a global rule... on more site this behavior not work... but anyway, i might as well try!
    Quote Quote  
  18. I've decided to re-new this old project.
    The old TUBE4 ended long ago.
    Please checkout the new 'TUBE4'.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!