VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi!

I found on this forum new program - DScaler which works perfectly... but

I own 3 USB grabbers and 2 of them have 2 inputs - Composite and S-Video, one of them has 4 Composite inputs.

I tried to select manually Composite or S-Video but DScaler changes no source, and always displays the same...

How to do it?

Thank you for everything!

Miro
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do not quite understand what you are saying.

To get a picture from the s-video connection on the usb device you must have a s-video cable plugged in and the output device MUST output s-video. Many VHS machines will not.

But a usb device with 4 composite inputs ???????
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    But a usb device with 4 composite inputs ???????
    They exist. Their intended use is monitoring closed-circuit cameras. http://www.amazon.com/HDE-EasyCap-Model-002-Channel/dp/B001M547EM
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    It looks like if is one signal detected then is impossible to select other from one device...

First time I had for testing DScaler connected only S-Video to one device and it was correctly displayed, after this test I connected also composite video to the same device and it looks first was found composite and it's now impossible to select S-Video - but S-Video is connected too...

How to select between composite and S-Video ?

Yes, it's EasyCAP002 - but works not with my Win8

Miro
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've never used descaler or that particular capture device, but generally you go to the properties sheet for the capture filter or crossbar filter and select which input you want.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I tried crossbar - but the same - not possible to chage input
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AmarecTV works. You can configure individual source.

For Windows 8, get Windows 7 drivers and install by .inf.

Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MIRKOSOFT View Post
    It looks like if is one signal detected then is impossible to select other from one device...

First time I had for testing DScaler connected only S-Video to one device and it was correctly displayed, after this test I connected also composite video to the same device and it looks first was found composite and it's now impossible to select S-Video - but S-Video is connected too...

How to select between composite and S-Video ?

Yes, it's EasyCAP002 - but works not with my Win8

Miro
    I have not used DScaler for a long time, but it is probably designed to be used with one video connection at a time and one device at a time, not several connections at once or several devices at once. If you need to switch between multiple devices and multiple video connections use something other than DScaler. You can try AmarecTV as suggested.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I need at once use only one device - if is available two...

My experience with DScaler was great in case of deinterlacing - it displays correctly unbelievable modes...

I'll try AmaRecTV, please give me bit of time to try use these modes, then I'll reply...

Miro
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I need at once use only one device - if is available two...

My experience with DScaler was great in case of deinterlacing - it displays correctly unbelievable modes...

I'll try AmaRecTV, please give me bit of time to try use these modes, then I'll reply...

Miro
    AmarecTV has one better deinterlaced filter at moment. You can deinterlaced and set captured file to give on/off feature (25/50 or 30/60).

Ah make individual set to deinterlaced too.

Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you veeeeeery much!

The experience with AmaRecTV is better than DScaler... all works correctly and interlaced options are perfect!

I have few Qs as last:

My TV cart MSI @nywhere A/D has also composite and S-Video inputs and both reports error: return:HRESULT=80004005 (FAILED) Unknown Error
    ... where is any problem?

And: AmaRecTV allows to use 12 sources - is possible to display at least 2 together at once?

My general problem:
    SMI EasyCAP002 USB 2.0 DVR 4CH Dongle:
    - at connection to PC appears "USB device was not recognized. Please unplug and plug-in again"
    - in Device Manager it shows only "Unknown Device" with error message "Windows stopped device 'cause device reported problem (Code 43)"
    - if I install driver by wizard, no changes, if I try it manually reports "Digitally not signed" and breaks installation or I tried to install driver in Vista SP2 compatibility mode, installation reports succesfull but device is not known...

Can you help me to these last Qs?
    Quote Quote  
  12. It's ok to deinterlace while previewing a video but I would never deinterlace while capturing. You wan't to have an unmolested capture as your starting point. If you have a need to deinterlace later do so with QTGMC in AviSynth.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you veeeeeery much!

The experience with AmaRecTV is better than DScaler... all works correctly and interlaced options are perfect!

I have few Qs as last:

My TV cart MSI @nywhere A/D has also composite and S-Video inputs and both reports error: return:HRESULT=80004005 (FAILED) Unknown Error
    ... where is any problem?

And: AmaRecTV allows to use 12 sources - is possible to display at least 2 together at once?

My general problem:
    SMI EasyCAP002 USB 2.0 DVR 4CH Dongle:
    - at connection to PC appears "USB device was not recognized. Please unplug and plug-in again"
    - in Device Manager it shows only "Unknown Device" with error message "Windows stopped device 'cause device reported problem (Code 43)"
    - if I install driver by wizard, no changes, if I try it manually reports "Digitally not signed" and breaks installation or I tried to install driver in Vista SP2 compatibility mode, installation reports succesfull but device is not known...

Can you help me to these last Qs?
    Try this driver : http://www.sabrent.com/drivers/USB-AVCPTSetup_For_Win7.zip

Its a old thread in Videohelp: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/329555-EasyCap-Video-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7-64-bit
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Driver helped not... I'm desperate - this device was working few minutes, then not, then again working and ~2 months not working...

I look at that topic later, here's few minutes before midnight..

Miro
    Quote Quote