VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You paragraph is unintelligible. If you want an answer respond with some details and an overview of what you're trying to do.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Put only one hour of video on a single layer DVD. If you need two hours use a dual layer DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you rip the DVD (e.g., DVDFab, DVD Decrypter, etc.), the resulting files should be 100% identical in quality to the original. If you are getting lower quality, then you are using the wrong software.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hey, I'm back. This is the issue that I have been having when transferring tapes to my computer. If you look in the background at the wall, you'll notice the slight distortion with the dark colors. It looks pixelated to me. When I play the VHS tape, the image looks smooth. Here, it looks like the colors are flickering. How do I fix this? (sorry if the darkened censors over peoples are distracting for analyzing this)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Your video may be compressed with Prores but it was previously poorly deinteralced and over compressed with a lossy codec. You fix this by going back and capturing without that lossy compression.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    deleted post
    Quote Quote  
  7. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by cinemakyle01 View Post
    The footage is split up into different files, and luckily the last one is small enough to put on here.
    No, this is not the quality you'd sell to people, Take some time to learn the nuts and bolts of VHS and video capturing, there are a lot of materials online about VCR technology and digital video and their standards like rec.601, rec.709 ...etc, Practice a lot until you feel comfortable of selling a service. You don't want a real estate agent to fix your car do you?
    Quote Quote