VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I apologize if this has been answered already. I have several HD PAL .mkv files (TV shows) I've downloaded and want to convert them to NTSC, and then copy them to Blu-ray discs. I've been using VSO's ConvertX to DVD in the past for DVD-R's. What's a good product/program to perform the same functions (convert PAL to NTSC) for Blu-ray? I have VSO's ConvertX to HD and Blu-ray Converter Ultimate. Would either of these programs work? I didn't see a PAL or NTSC setting on these two programs as the ConvertX to DVD has.

I'm in the U.S., so I'll be using Region A Blu-ray discs. I have a Sony Blu-ray burner.

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Marshall
    Last edited by Marshfish; 19th Jul 2015 at 19:06.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    If they are film based (24p) slow them down from 25p to 24p and them put it on a blu-ray. In the other case when you have original 25i there is no good solution, you need to blend or decimate or a combination thereof.

What is the problem keeping it original?

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    They are 2015 video rebroadcasts of old music shows from the 1980's. I've been able to convert them from PAL to NTSC using ConvertX to DVD, and then copied to DVD-R's. These shows have been uploaded as 1080i HD, and I'd like to just copy them to Blu-ray discs now.

If I'm in the U.S., don't I still have to convert them from PAL to NTSC to play them on a Region A Blu-ray player? Or can you just copy them to a disc regardless? Sorry for the lack of knowledge on this.

Marshall
    Quote Quote