VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. From July 2014, all new ITunes movie downloads only come with streaming Itunes Extras and the option to download them has gone.

I would like to download my purchased Extras but I don't know how this can be done. Are there any programs or suggestions that would enable me to save my purchases?

Many thanks

Greg
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is there anyone here who could help me or explain what system Itunes uses to stream?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You could play them in real time and record them with something like Replay Media Catcher, but if you want a suggestion to truly download (assuming it's even possible and it may not be) or do it for free, I can't help. I don't ever buy iTunes videos so I have no experience with them.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you. I couldn't get it to work. I am guessing Apple have locked it down.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I don't see how it's possible to prevent something like Replay Media Catcher from recording it, but again, I have no videos to test with. Maybe someone else with experience can chime in.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    You could play them in real time and record them with something like Replay Media Catcher
    Are you referring to screen capture? If so, RMC is a streaming media downloader so it wouldn't work.

To record them in real time, Replay Video Capture would work.

Or the free CamStudio might be work a look: http://camstudio.org/
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm not sure what I am referring to but as soon as a 3rd party tool is used, the Itunes Extras freeze. I wonder how Itunes streams the content.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Here's an explanation of what iTunes Extras are made of, but as I don't have any experience working with these kinds of things I have no idea what would record them if the previous suggestions of Replay Media Catcher and Replay Video Catcher don't work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITunes_LP
    Quote Quote  
  9. Despite my best efforts and trying many capturing programs, I have never managed to save any of the new ITunes Extras. Has anyone else managed to do so?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!