VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    the exact question is, does anyone know how to decode or calculate out the matrix inside an xvid video ?

history:
    some of you may know that i am working on a matrix editor project, and over its course, i have run up against a few walls.. stopped, restarted, and so on with the project. i have several ways to extract the matrix through external sources: mpeg4modifier and avinaptic, or using the mediainfo.dll where i import some of its routines inside my delphi (pascal) code. it was determined that mpeg4modifier and avinaptic obtains the matrix accurately, while mediainfo is still broken and gets it wrong. mediainfo is the preferred method since a) it is just one source file, and b) i can link it inside my main project as one project. i honestly believe it will not be fixed since most users work mainly with h264 video and noone discusses xvid videos anymore, let alone, the matrix inside of it. so, i am left with a decision. retire the project, or, idea... build my own home-made matrix extractor myself and incorporate into the main project.

i did consider using avinaptic as the external source and i know i can get it to work no problem, however, it would not be one source, rather many. you see, in order to get avinaptic to run, you have to include all "its" external dll's before it can run. so, that is a problem since i can't supply that in my code, plus would probably go against gpl and other rules. so that source is no good for this project. of course, i can build for myself, but i don't want to waist my time on that path.

ok..so, basically, i'm looking for any old xvid gurus who know a bit of the inside guts, where the matrix is kept and/or calculated, and so on. of course, i would highly credit the person or persons involved.

thank you for any workable leads, in advance!
    Last edited by vhelp; 1st Jun 2013 at 11:53.
    Quote Quote