VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys,

I have a widescreen 1080p version of LOTR which is a MKV file. It plays fine on my computer, but when I stream it through Plex Media Server to my 4k Sony Bravia tv, a colored line appears along the bottom of the video which is constantly moving and very distracting. It must have to do with the way Plex is automatically transcoding the file, but I dont have this issue with any of my other MKV video files. And, if i switch the quality from original, to 720p at 4mbps, the issue goes away.

I think converting the file to an mp4 could very well fix this, but I'm not positive of that. I want to convert the video losslessly to match quality, bit-rate, frame-rate etc. What is the best way to go about this? The video info on the file doesn't show every bit of information, so if I put it into Premiere or something, I don't know what to change every singe setting to.

Is there a program or player I can drop the file in to that will detect all of the video settings so that I can see what they are? (VLC doest seem to show all of them) Or, is there a converter that automatically detects all of these, then will set the export settings to the same so that I don't have to do anything other than choose the file format I want to switch to?

Let me know what you guys think, Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. What are the exact frame dimensions of the video? I suspect the problem is a mod2 height. MediaInfo will tell you the properties.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    What are the exact frame dimensions of the video? I suspect the problem is a mod2 height. MediaInfo will tell you the properties.
    Should I download MediaInfo in order to get you that information?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since you already have VLC, play the file and press CTRL i
    On the codec tab you'll see the "video resolution"
    Please report it here
    Quote Quote