VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. With (S)VCD2DVD 1.1 I keep having audio sync problems when converting an mpeg1 file. The oringinal file is an edited TV show

Here are the original file specs:
    Mpeg 1 System File [Video/Audio]
    Muxrate : 1.41 Mbps
    Estimated Duration: 20:57.90s
    Size [352 x 240] 29.97 fps 1.15 Mbps
    Audio : Mpeg 1 layer 2
    224 kbps 44100 Hz
    Stereo, No emphasis

The audio gradually goes out of sync in both MPG ->PS and MPG ->ES settings. Any help would be apreciated.

-Tony
    Quote Quote  
  2. Guest
    I also have frequent sync problems that have made the program practically unusable for me. Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Found this on Doom9.org's forum that works for me

Toolman2k said:
    so anyway, to make it short: make your new audio in tmpegenc plus, using the full mpg as source, and choose to only output the audio ES stream.....put it together with the original video that you demuxed and voila....a perfect in sycn result, with better video than original at the cost of only a few minor pauses in audio.using tools like svcd2dvd or dvdlab will NOT get you these result from what I have tested.

Hopefully something similar will eventually be put in SVCD2DVD
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TonyJr4 is right. Toolman2k on doom9 forum has got to the bottom of this: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54615

I will be looking at some type of enhancement with SVCD2DVDMPG which can encaptulate this. But in the mean time just bare in mind that garbage in = garbage out. MPEGs are not designed to be edited, so when they are you will have sync isses 99% of the time - unless you apply a methd like Toolman2k's.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  5. The following is a solution I use to solve my audio sync issues.

This method requires:
    1. DVDMaestro
    2. SVCD2DVDMPG+

In SVCD2DVDMPG+ make sure the Audio encoder is set to AC-3. If your video and audio (AC-3) assets are different lengths then you're almost guaranteed to have sync issues. To fix this:
    [list=1][*] Make sure your audio and video assets have been added to your time line.
    [*] Right click the audio track on the time line and choose the menu option labeled
    "Create Sync Audio Track..."
    [*] Your video and audio file should be listed in a resulting dialog box that pops up. Click on the "Create Audio File..." button to create a synced audio file.
    [*] You will get a message saying that an audio asset already exists and if you wish to replace it, say yes.
    [*] Compile your project when finished (Alt-C).
    [*] If you're making DVD-SVCD make sure to patch your headers back to 480 by
    1. Right clicking on outputed VIDEO_TS folder
    2. Choose SVCD2DVDMPG+
    3. Click on "Elementary Streams" radio button and the 480 radio button and then click the start button to patch your headers.
    [/list:7a924d8662]

References:
    SVCD2DVDMPG DVDMaestro Guide: http://www.svcd2dvdmpg.com/SVCD2DVDMPG/Guides/Maestro/
    DVDMaestro Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dvdmaestro/ (You can get manual and help files for DVDMaestro here)

------------

ChrissyBoy,

You should mention in beginning of the DVDMaestro guide for SVCD2DVDMPG+ that DVDMaestro requires that:
    1. Output stream type be: "Elementary Streams"
    2. Horizontal Res patch value radio buttons should be set to: "352" and "1st Header"

Also, I have some feature requests:

Feature Request One:
    It would be nice to have a combo box that has presets for popular DVD authoring applications. Such as if the user chooses "DVDMaestro SVCD Source" from the combo box then the, elementary streams, 352, and 1st header radio buttons get chosen.

Feature Request Two:
    Have a utilities tab that allows the user to execute only a single or certain step in the conversion process. This is useful if the user needs to back up a step or to do their own processing, or if the user forgot or incorrectly choose a wrong header patch value.

Items that exist on this tab could include:
    1. De-Mux Audio / Video
    2. Convert Audio to WAV
    3. Convert Audio to MP2
    4. Convert Audio to AC3
    5. Patch header to xx horizontal value
    6. Apply Pan & Scan Info

Feature Request Three:
    Allow the user to choose which intermediary temporary files to keep (Such a temporary wav file).

------------

Unrelated rant: Apple has given me another reason to hate them, they bought DVDMaestro a while ago and took it off the market for PC users, bastards.
    Quote Quote  
  6. But beware Maestro can give you red and white blocks at the bottom of the video, when you're using VCD sources.

Yf
    Quote Quote  
  7. Has anyone else experienced these red and white blocks at the bottom of the video?

yf2001usa,

Where do you see these blocks, when your test the dvd on your set top player? Or when you test in an application like Windvd?
    Quote Quote  
  8. hey,

I have them after i compile with maestro. On powerdvd and on my standalone.

I've seen it with a few eps not all. i tried to reencode the whole ep and tried again. So i tried svcd2mpeg+ and then the video was fine but now some eps had the audio out of sync.. next step i'm going to try svcd2mpeg to create the mp2 and m1v file and tmpegenc dvd author and spruce up to see what video does then.

yf
    Quote Quote