VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey

Does any one know a portable DVD Player that will play WMV's apart from the bog standard VCD,SVCD,DIV-X.eg:
    I've found some Portable Hard Drive Media Player's which do but I have Win 98 and the one's I have found only work with Win ME and up.
    If not then what is the best all rounder Personal DVD Player to get but preferably WMV's if possible

Cheers

Tom Evans
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Get a laptop.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    is there even such a thing as a portable DVD Player that plays WMV? I've never seen one.
    Quote Quote  
  4. There is a program called ConvertMovie which can convert wmv files to avi files among others. It costs $30 bucks though.

I don't know if there is any freeware that does likewise, but you could use something like this to convert wmv to avi and then use on a divx compatible portable dvd player.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by giannid
    There is a program called ConvertMovie which can convert wmv files to avi files among others. It costs $30 bucks though.

I don't know if there is any freeware that does likewise, but you could use something like this to convert wmv to avi and then use on a divx compatible portable dvd player.
    There are plenty of freeware which does this. Do a search in the tools section here for WMV to DVD.
    Quote Quote