VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bought the Koss KS5121-2 DivX player recently. In general it works great but I have had some issues and wondered if anyone using the player had the same type of problems:

When reading MIJ (TY) Maxell 4x, the disk jumps from time to time, whether using DivX or not. This does not happen with other DVDs I have used.

When reading from a SanDisk (not high speed) CF card, the movie will play for about two minutes and then come back to the menu. This does not happen with a Kingston regular CF.

When trying to Fast forward from a CF card, the player will freeze and will have to be turned off.

Any other comments on the player is welcomed, since I don't think there is a thread for this player yet.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just baught one at Canadian Tire for $59.98. It is suppose to play divx and mpeg4 avi's. I tried it on some AVI's I had on DVD, but it kept freezing, skipping and other bugs. I decided maybe my AVI's weren't a suitable format, so I re-encoded a few with the codecs from divx.com. However, re-encoded ones wouldn't fast forward and lost audio tracking when I tried. I had to use a super low bitrate even to get this result. At normal bit rates the video just froze.

This player is going back to the store so fast...

I had the opportunity to try a Ritech Rj-1800DVX. It costs $99 online plus $12 shipping, but it played all my existing AVI's I threw at it although it did skip a lot on two of the AVI's.

Bill
    Quote Quote