VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How did you find us?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by shelbyGT
    Word of Mouth and From a Friend are the same thing, no?
    Naaa - what if were a co-worker that you were annoying with endless questions about DVD copying and conversion and he told you about this site just to shut you up? Oops - that's how the people I work with hear about it
    3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375 105820974944
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can't remember. I'm thinking it might have done something with just getting a computer with a cd burner and wanted to see what programs I could use for it. I think.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A friend at work pointed me to this site after discussing with him how crappy my initial VCDs of home camcorder footage came out using the crap software that came with my capture card. So I got all the recommended software, used the guides and still got crappy VCDs, but at least I now knew what I was doing!
    Usually long gone and forgotten
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Macrovision brought me here, the false kind. Never did figure out how to get rid of it on a AIW short of hardware.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There's no way I can remember either.

But that reminds me of something I've often wondered. Didn't this place used to be cdrhelp.com back in the 90s? I seem to remember it having a very similar format, but with CDR quality comments and software/music burning stuff ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MrMoody
    There's no way I can remember either.

But that reminds me of something I've often wondered. Didn't this place used to be cdrhelp.com back in the 90s? I seem to remember it having a very similar format, but with CDR quality comments and software/music burning stuff ...
    Hi,

You may be remembering VCDHELP.COM

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MrMoody
    Nope, only vcdhelp.com,vcdhelper.com,dvdrhelp.com,videohelp.c om.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think I found it by a reference in Usenet in alt.video.dvd around 1999.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I can't remember exactly. But somehow it had something to do with Sefy's VCD guides I found somewhere in cyber space quite a while ago I guess he is no longer with us. Good ol' days when we tried to cram two-hour video onto some crappy CD and wondered why the quality sucked....
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Poplar
    I guess he is no longer with us.
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1332557#1332557
    Quote Quote