VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Is it possible to put a 20 episode avi file with 1.02hours/episode to be burned on a 4.57 dvd? A bought a lot of it that contains 20 ep. With 1.02hour/ep. How did they do that?? And it has a quite good quality
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	UntitledHGF.png
Views:	241
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	15347  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	219
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	15348  

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    The first pic. Is the components of the dvd that i bought and the next one is the video quality
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it's possible but with terrible quality. JUST buy more DVDs!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    look at the picture 2 is it terrible for you? i think its ok with me what should i do?
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you like it, then it's good enough.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Install Gspot. Open VTS_01_1 with Gspot. Post back here a screen capture of what it says.

I can't use any bit rate calculators right now, but it's simply impossible to have 20 hours of video in DVD format on a single layer DVD and have it be watchable. I've gotten about 6 hours on a single layer DVD disc in VCD compatible bit rates and to get 20 hours, you would have to use bit rates probably around 200-300 Mbps in MPEG-2 video. You simply cannot use bit rates that low for 20 hours of video and have the kind of quality you post about above. You may be grossly misunderstanding the disc you have. That's why I want you to open the file with Gspot and post what it says about your video.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by JOHNRUSSEL24 View Post
    The first pic. Is the components of the dvd that i bought and the next one is the video quality
    Looks like they did it by applying some filters. The image looks like a photo that's been air brushed. Probably some smoothing algorithm that reduces color depth to cut down on bit rate. Might be alright for anime. But it doesn't look that great with real humans.
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote