VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    All of a sudden my computer won't recognize my BR burner. I changed the BR burner,the data cable,the power cable from the power supply,the computer power cable,I changed data port on the motherboard. Nothing works. Any ideas? The 6 data ports see HD's but won't see the BR burner. I tried my W8.1 installation disk with CD as boot drive but it wouldn't see it.
    I tried deleting the drive in control panel and restarting computer and that didn't work. It tried a couple of registry fixes MS recommended and the drive was recognized if I disabled Anydvd. Dvdfab recognized the drive and I was able load and copy a BR to my HD. It seems that the folks at Redfox have found a nasty way to force you to upgrade Anydvd. I have deleted Anydvd from my HD. I refuse to pay them another $100 for another lifetime license.
    Last edited by wulf109; 12th Oct 2016 at 07:11.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Seems to be a common issue with AnyDVD, at least related to the trial version, forcing users to reinstall anydvd or reinstall Windows.

This seems to work for some: http://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/how_to_fix_missing_dvdcd_drives_not_showing_up_..._explorer.html
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote