VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey, i havent printed on DVD's for a whgile, but i need to again...
    so i ordered Tayo Yuden DVD's white printable (J-DMR-WPP-SK8) . . . And now i want to use Nero Cover Design for the Printing,
    but what i remember i need a file for the specific Printer? and or DVD Brand?
    Couldnt ind Tayo Yuden or JVC listet.... Where can I get that file.... here i just found files for Photoshop...

THANKS A BUNCH !!!

Alex
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's been a while since I've used Nero Cover Designer, but I don't remember ever needing a file for a specific DVD brand. Sometimes a special setting is necessary for specific printers, but I don't recall ever having to do that.

Taiyo Yuden's Watershield discs are much nicer than what you bought and I'd recommend them for the future. They have a glossy finish that leads to some truly excellent results.
    Quote Quote  
  3. well like i said havnt done it for a while...
    but dont i have to put in the specifics of the disc i use... so it prints in the right spot?
    or what other programm would you recommend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What printer are you using?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's very similar to my Canon MP 640. Are you using the the US version, whose specifications on Canon's US site make no mention of a direct print to CD function, or the Canadian version which, if it's like my MP 640, has CD printing already enabled out of the box?

If it's the former, you have to mod it to enable CD printing; if it's the latter, you can use Canon's CD Label Print software (if you don't have it I found it for you - or here), or in Nero Cover Designer, depending on how recent a version you have, a template might already be there in the drop-down list, or you can add one manually (painstaking), or you can add my custom paper stock templates in which there's one for the Canon MP 640, which should probably work in your MP 990.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by p_l; 10th Oct 2011 at 10:57. Reason: added another source for downloading Canon CD-LabelPrint Ver. 1.4.2 (Windows 7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000/XP x64/Me/98)
    Quote Quote