VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. OK,
    So I have a budget HTPC. I finally got everytihng working on my P4 with ATI HD6570 graphics card and PowerDVD to hardware accelerate my 3D bluray ISOs. The ONLY problem I have now, is that PowerDVD does NOT give you the option to select either DTS or DD tracks for the audio. It simply outputs DTS if I select SPDIF output and a DTS track is available. The problem is, my receiver only decodes DD tracks, not DTS. I was hoping there is some way I can simply extract the DTS tracks so that PowerDVD will be forced to play the DD tracks instead, or someway to edit the ISO so that it defaults the audio to the DD track and not the DTS.

Please do NOT suggest using another player like TMT or Stereoscopic player, as I CANNOT get them to work properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    best you could do is convert the iso to mkv and only include the audio you want.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Can't. Powerdvd will only.hardware accelerate actual bluray discs not 3d files. I know stupid. I wosh I'd use mkvs save alotta space on my.drive
    Quote Quote  
  4. Anybody? I had the thought....I could us TSmuxer to suck out the dts track...convert that to a 5.1 ac3 track and remux it back in to the m2ts file. Then overwrite the m2ts file on the iso. Would that work? Anyone have a good ISO program to replace the existing m2ts with the new one?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you can't change an iso of a disc that way, it doesn't work.

why not play mkvs to the tv with vlc or other media player? if not mkv then use straight mp4s, many players can use dxva.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  6. There are only TWO programs that I know of that do hardware acceleration of 3D blurays. TMT will hadware accelerate both 3D blurays and MKV files and PowerDVD will hardware accelerate Bluray Discs. I bought TMT only to have it continually crash on me. Doesn't appear to be very stable in playing back 3D MKVs for me. PowerDVD plays back the Ripped ISO perfectly.... except for the fact that it doens't let you choose the output track...and keeps defaulting to the DTS-HD track. Stereoscopic player has options for hardware acceleration that I could never get to work. VLC player to my knowledge, does NOT output 3D.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sounds to me like you need to fix something(s) in your system first. Those other players should work without crashing and pdvd should play whatever is set to the "default", with both dts and ac3 able to use passthrough. Sounds like something else is conflicting...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VLC player to my knowledge, does NOT output 3D.
    once you convert a 3d bluray to mkv or mp4 any player can output the file since it has to be converted to half side by side or top and bottom. the video isn't converted back to 3d until you tell the tv to.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  9. My mkvs are full subs so they have a resolution of 3840 x 1080. I cannot set the screen resolution to that so when VLC plays it....its squashed and my projector fudges the 3d and they overlap waaaaay too much. No worries I worked out the kinks in TMT5. All working well.
    Quote Quote