+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20
FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    But that wasn't on this forum, right?
    Right, that's been a while ago over at PP forum, I think.

Anyway, they always recommend using their stuff and how they think it's best. Ignoring the buggyness and the quality drawbacks.

Anyway I use an external filter for most decoding (LAV filters) and have the Potplayer video processing filter so quality is not compromised. I only enable it for the rare occasion I want some processing effect.
    Yeah I keep PP video processing filter disabled as well, basically all the time. Video decoding with LAV, too.

Frankly told I don't really see through all these multiple color/conversion settings

Just reassuring direct conversion with High Quality conversion enabled is (still) way to go..
    Last edited by tuco76; 6th Feb 2016 at 01:35.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how do you report Bugs in the latest beta versions of potplayer

on the beta version the playback speed off .ts files is to fast
    Last edited by Nowso; 19th Mar 2016 at 13:59.
    Quote Quote  
  3. See first post.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Some skins are no longer working. Ex : KMP2_en; Setup was normal in-1.6.59595.exe/59607, version PotPlayer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes this happens if you do a clean install also. Some of the old skins will be gone. Just down download an old version and then reinstall over it. Or do you mean they are there but do not functionally work?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Budman1 View Post
    Yes this happens if you do a clean install also. Some of the old skins will be gone. Just down download an old version and then reinstall over it. Or do you mean they are there but do not functionally work?

They are not working. I went back to an old version. Crash when using. skin kmp2_end
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The skins are installed with new versions. Sometimes the new versions have previous ones removed. So do not uninstall the old version if you do the old skins goes with it. If this happens, install an old version with your skin THEN install the newer version over it to keep old and new skins.

This happened to me when I uninstalled and then reinstalled for a clean install. My skin I like was not there ore at least it did not function the same.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I hope you guys can help me:
    What are the best settings/plugins for Potplayer if I want good audio from 5.1 DTS on the stereo speakers of my Notebook?

P.S: If this is the wrong section/thread for this, please redirect me
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jedi93 View Post
    I hope you guys can help me:
    What are the best settings/plugins for Potplayer if I want good audio from 5.1 DTS on the stereo speakers of my Notebook?
    The recommended/default settings should deliver a proper downmix 2.0 PCM output, just make sure you select
    "Audio-> Audio Processing" and set a checkmark for ->"Normalizer".

Also: "Audio->Use Audio Processing Filters" should be kept switched on (keep "Normalize Matrix" unchecked on this tab)

Can't say much about audio only playback though, I personally prefer foobar2000 for music.

should look sth. like this, changed volume steps to 10 that's just to my own liking OC

Click image for larger version

Name:	pp2.JPG
Views:	573
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	37254Click image for larger version

Name:	pp.JPG
Views:	509
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	37255Click image for larger version

Name:	pp3.JPG
Views:	613
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	37253
    Last edited by tuco76; 2nd Jun 2016 at 10:38. Reason: added pics
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all,
    I'm sorry if this in not the correct thread to be asking this questions, if it's not, please redirect me to the right one.

I just moved to Potplayer and I'm pretty excited with all its features, but there is one thing I can't figure out how to do it the way I want to:
    When I make a playlist of some videos and start to play any one of them, when it finishes, the next video starts to play automatically.

I just want to be able to play one video at the time from my playlist and when it is finished I'd like the player to stop and wait for my... command to continue, not necessarily with the next in order but with whichever I choose to play next.

Is this actually possible in Pot player? I'm running the most updated versions, both 32 and 64bit and I get the same behavior in both.

Thank you very much in advance,
    Xenophon
    "Long live R 'n' R"
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Highlander71 View Post
    Hello all,
    I'm sorry if this in not the correct thread to be asking this questions, if it's not, please redirect me to the right one.

I just moved to Potplayer and I'm pretty excited with all its features, but there is one thing I can't figure out how to do it the way I want to:
    When I make a playlist of some videos and start to play any one of them, when it finishes, the next video starts to play automatically.

I just want to be able to play one video at the time from my playlist and when it is finished I'd like the player to stop and wait for my... command to continue, not necessarily with the next in order but with whichever I choose to play next.

Is this actually possible in Pot player? I'm running the most updated versions, both 32 and 64bit and I get the same behavior in both.

Thank you very much in advance,
    Xenophon
    I don't think that's possible by now, at least I couldn't find it either. Would make sense though, you could send a mail with your suggestion(s) to ahahlive@hanmail.net
    and/ or post it here:

https://potplayer.daum.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=dae2026f8326cfc94e84c1ca1c260fad
    Quote Quote  
  12. Is it possible to use a proxy to watch streams with potplayer?
    Quote Quote  
  13. My current media problem is centered on screen caps that use very high resolutions like 1920 x 1078. Getting dropped frames and small blocks on the image.

I have one of Baldrick' s recommended guides about installing renderers but it is still confusing-- particularly madVR and ffmpeg installs and what to do with them.

Are there other recommended renderers more recent? Also since there was a lot of info in here about betas and their problems, is there a stable potplayer to download to start with?

Is there a preset for the particular problem above?

A link to a guide with images would help as well.

At least this thread is current (though I failed to read the three years worth of posts.)
    Last edited by loninappleton; 30th Jun 2016 at 14:56.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    My current media problem is centered on screen caps that use very high resolutions like 1920 x 1078. Getting dropped frames and small blocks on the image.

I have one of Baldrick' s recommended guides about installing renderers but it is still confusing-- particularly madVR and ffmpeg installs and what to do with them.

Are there other recommended renderers more recent? Also since there was a lot of info in here about betas and their problems, is there a stable potplayer to download to start with?

Is there a preset for the particular problem above?

A link to a guide with images would help as well.

At least this thread is current (though I failed to read the three years worth of posts.)
    Screen capturing has nothing to do with the renderer. It's potplayer's doing. Probably using it's own internal filters. (if you use potplayer for screen capturing).
    You might not be able to avoid frame drops if you're computer is not powerful enough to handle the extra load.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I have begun the process of installing the SVP (smooth video project) to MPC HC which is part of the
    auto install routine at SVP.

I am not screen capping with these players. I have an mkv which is 1920 x1080 and is 25 frames per second which is exibiting the problems described.

Something I have done as a workaround is to use VidCoder (a version of handbrake using the handbrake core) to re encode to 23.976 fps, then downsize the file to 1024. This has worked but is time consuming.

--

Unfortunately these player adjustments seem to be endless with many screens to fill in.

SVP downloaded and installed its requirements with ease. But I still don't know what I've got on playback.

I have another job running and I can test the result shortly

Will report back my progress. In the meantime I may be able to get Poptplayer with svc going as well.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Okay. I have no idea what you're trying to do and why. But good luck.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    The main issue is that the program has constant beta updates, and most have more new bugs than were fixed in the update. Maybe he figures he'll get more donations that way or something like that. I didn't dislike it enough to bother uninstalling it in windows but I never really used it much either.

Why not just get a really good video player like smplayer or vlc?
    Because potplayer is better than both. At least for me. More features, better configurability.
    ...Then, why not compile versions for OSX and *nix? why ONLY for windoze?

I am one of millions of power users, IT pros, geeks, and other technically skilled users who are ignored by the general internet.

For me, for the easiest sites to get video from, I don't even NEED an app, I can just use an online capture service, like the fine Converttomp3.net: http://convert2mp3.net/en/

For harder sites, Videohelp's find youtube-dl does the trick for me almost every time.

For even harder to capture sites, I am skilled enough to use the development tab / inspect feature in browsers like Chrome effectively. And if even THAT won't work, I am skilled enough to use the RTMP tools like RTMPDUMP, if I want a video bad enough.

But for me, it's the most difficult to capture sites that I have issues with. These are sites that use heavily protected, non RTMP protocols like Silverlight, and the content is encrypted. Since virtually all of these sites are pay or subscription sites, I can't talk about them here, and anyway, if they are not now they soon will be virtually IMPOSSIBLE to capture except by screen scraping.

Am I just spouting bullsh*t? Opinions are most welcome!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Well I don't know about the BS but what I did was delete as much of what I tried to do today as I could. Everything was whacked which I know is no sort of technical explanation.

MPC-BE was mentioned and I will get that from Videohelp and see what happens.
    For my old Phenom and on- board Nvidia setup I think the only solution is to recode and get out of the briar patch/tar baby of Potplayer.

I will subscribe to this thread to see how things go.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by GrampaD View Post

I am one of millions of power users, IT pros, geeks, and other technically skilled users who are ignored by the general internet.

For me, for the easiest sites to get video from, I don't even NEED an app, I can just use an online capture service, like the fine
    It builds on windows-only technology so porting it to something else would require a LOT more than just compiling it to other OS-es.

You're on of the <1% if you're a linux user, not worth the bother.
    Also if you're one who cares for multimedia (or graphics, or games) you're not using linux. (I can't speak of OSX, it's tied to hardware of a rip-off/fashion company which I'll never buy. So I never came in contact with it)
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    Well I don't know about the BS but what I did was delete as much of what I tried to do today as I could. Everything was whacked which I know is no sort of technical explanation.

MPC-BE was mentioned and I will get that from Videohelp and see what happens.
    For my old Phenom and on- board Nvidia setup I think the only solution is to recode and get out of the briar patch/tar baby of Potplayer.

I will subscribe to this thread to see how things go.
    It's still incomprehensible what you're actually trying to do/achieve. But if you're messing with MPC-BE, MPC-HC and SVP it's off topic here. This thread is for potplayer.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    I've just switched from VLC to Potplayer and am liking it a lot so far, but there's one irritant with which I could do with some advice: I can't seem to get it to clear its history.

I've put together a few DPL playlists of short videos - mainly downloaded music - in mp4, m4v, flv and similar formats. I usually play these in random order. With VLC, every time I opened a playlist it would have 'forgotten' what I'd previously played and would start from scratch. Potplayer doesn't seem to do this. Every time I open a playlist items previously played show in faint type, and it always tries to play something I've not previously watched.

I'd much rather it did the same as VLC; clear the history of recently played files every time I close the programme, and start afresh each time I open a playlist. Is there any way I can make it do this? I've unchecked the 'remember playback position' box in preferences -> playback and in the playlist settings but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Is there anything else I can try?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In playback -> playlist -> playlist setting there uncheck autosave playlist.
    Hope it will helps you

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    In playback -> playlist -> playlist setting there uncheck autosave playlist.
    Hope it will helps you

Bernix
    Unfortunately that option wasn't checked anyway.

I did uncheck the 'DPL as a temp album on playback' option (clutching at straws now!), but that doesn't seem to have made any difference either.

I've just tried again with another playlist and every time I skip forward it keeps trying to play things it thinks it hasn't already played rather than those showing in faint type (which it thinks it has), and - worse - in a playlist of about 50 files it keeps trying to open the same two or three. Unless there's some way to delete its recent history and get it to start anew every time I open a playlist then I'm afraid I'll be uninstalling it and looking for a new player. A shame, because in every other respect it's excellent.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://prntscr.com/bnugov
    it works for me. When I uncheck it, and start potplayer again, then playlist is empty.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by MHW View Post
    I've just switched from VLC to Potplayer and am liking it a lot so far, but there's one irritant with which I could do with some advice: I can't seem to get it to clear its history.

I've put together a few DPL playlists of short videos - mainly downloaded music - in mp4, m4v, flv and similar formats. I usually play these in random order. With VLC, every time I opened a playlist it would have 'forgotten' what I'd previously played and would start from scratch. Potplayer doesn't seem to do this. Every time I open a playlist items previously played show in faint type, and it always tries to play something I've not previously watched.

I'd much rather it did the same as VLC; clear the history of recently played files every time I close the programme, and start afresh each time I open a playlist. Is there any way I can make it do this? I've unchecked the 'remember playback position' box in preferences -> playback and in the playlist settings but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Is there anything else I can try?
    The playlist's purpose is to store a list of files to play... If you don't want that close the playlist...

There's also the "append files rather than clear playlist" option. Uncheck that if you didn't already. Opening a file then will clear the playlist, from older entries.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by MHW View Post

The playlist's purpose is to store a list of files to play... If you don't want that close the playlist...

There's also the "append files rather than clear playlist" option. Uncheck that if you didn't already. Opening a file then will clear the playlist, from older entries.
    I'd best clarify, I don't want it to clear the playlist; just not to remember which of the files within it it's already played.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by MHW View Post
    I'd best clarify, I don't want it to clear the playlist; just not to remember which of the files within it it's already played.
    I don't think that can be disabled. Just don't pay attention to which are played. Such an insignificant thing to be hung upon...
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hi! Is anyone still around?

It used to be that if I enabled the store bookmarks in pbf file the bookmarks weren't stored internally. But now I noticed that bookmarks began to pile up again in the PP config.
    I had the internal storage of bookmarks disabled on purpose because it had a huge impact on shutdown/startup performance.
    Also it made the "Save settings instantly when paused" feature not viable, because saving a bunch of bookmarks caused a huge delay. I also had serious dataloss sometimes (bookmarks for several files disappearing) when I re-started the player before it could write out all bookmarks.

Can the saving of bookmarks to the potplayer config still be disabled somehow? The "Show bookmark list" feature only hides the internal list, but it doesn't prevent saving internally.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Update:

So I looked up the settings there used to be a "Keep internal bookmark list" option instead of "Show bookmark list".

So I had that disabled while it was available. Which now I can't. Maybe I can figure out what was set in the ini/registry. Maybe it still works and only the UI setting was removed.

Update2:
    Nope. The setting is removed instantly. Sad...
    Image Attached Images    
    Last edited by mzso; 22nd Jan 2018 at 08:51.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GrampaD View Post

For me, for the easiest sites to get video from, I don't even NEED an app, I can just use an online capture service, like the fine
    It builds on windows-only technology so porting it to something else would require a LOT more than just compiling it to other OS-es.

You're on of the <1% if you're a linux user, not worth the bother.
    Also if you're one who cares for multimedia (or graphics, or games) you're not using linux. (I can't speak of OSX, it's tied to hardware of a rip-off/fashion company which I'll never buy. So I never came in contact with it)
    ...for OSX, it turns out that the solution for me is VMWare Fusion. It can run Windows 10, fedora, and even DOS images. There is also em6-dosbox, which can run on a web page.
    Quote Quote