VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Some years ago I purchased a Panasonic HC-X920 camcorder but have used it very little. Now I decided to use it for some business work and found that the manual supplied by Panasonic is extremely poor to say the least (not to say useless!). For example, I tried to find how to set date and time but the information provided was wrong or incomplete. I have not managed to figure out how to do it yet. My question (apart from the specific issue) is whether there is a decent manual written by a third party that can explain the various functions in plain (not translated from Japanese) English. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Here's what I found in the manual. What is wrong or incomplete about these instructions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	setdatetime.png
Views:	217
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	38908
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What I find wrong is that there is no "clock set" option on the camcorder screen. What I get is Menu>setup and then a list of options among which "clock set" does not exist. I have tried for hours to get to "clock set" but have not been able to find it. Could it be that the camcorder should be in "record" mode? (I have tried on "playback" mode). One other thing: the screen as shown in the manual (page 19) does not appear on the camcorder screen.
    Thank for your response.
    Vasilis
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    So after you touch SETUP, and then page down through all the options, there is nothing for setting the clock? If that's true, then I would say your camera is defective.

Name:  menu.png
Views: 660
Size:  39.3 KB
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After lots of effort, I found that the camcorder must be on "record" mode to set the clock. However, the manual does not specify this in the respective chapter (p. 19). This confirms my judgement of a poor manual for a fine camcorder. It cost me several hours of search and a lot of frustration!
    Thank you for your contribution.
    Vasilis
    Quote Quote